1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clip ons

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Sicilian32, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Sicilian32

Sicilian32 Well-Known Member

could i use renthal clip ons say with vortex or woodcraft tubes??

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The tubes are all standard circumference so it should be fine.

3. Sicilian32

great thanks , i thought so but i wanted to be sure being that renthal tubes seem less common and are more money

4. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

its because they have anodized etched writing on them.

5. Sicilian32

yeah i saw that.. i picked up a set for 100 new since it was a good deal but i wanted to make sure i wouldnt be screwed at the track if i crashed

6. nikponcherello

nikponcherello EX #688

I was helping a buddy put together a couple of bikes a few years ago (a street bike and a track bike) that both had bent clip-ons. If you wanted to be super cheap, you could do what he did. He went down to a local industrial metal supplier and bought like 6ft of tube for a fraction of the price and cut them to length and got several bars from it. It was no different.

7. Sicilian32

haha i dont have to be that cheap.. i figure i can find them 14 bucks per tube.. ill be good as im sure that will be the cheapest thing to replace if i crash.

8. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Great idea Nik!

9. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I have vortex clip ons with woodcraft tubes.

10. TrackF3

TrackF3 Well-Known Member

Most if not all companies use the same size tube diameter. Everyone doing the r6 or r1 throttle tube mod is good proof of that.