1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clip-on "offset" explanation needed

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Keith760, Sep 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Keith760

Keith760 Member

Hi, I'm looking to replace OEM clip-ons with aftermarket ones in order to allow me adjust the bars more forward, i.e. wider for track riding Currently, there's a notch in the OEM bar clamps that lock the bars into a factory set position. In my search for new clip-ons, I've found them listed with 40 degree offset (Zeta), 30 degree (Ducabike), 15 degree, zero...and so on. Can anyone shed some light on the pro/cons of the various offsets? Is there a control or 'feeling" benefit to either? I'm 6 ft. tall on a 899 Panigale if that helps. Thanks.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the oem ones have a set screw or a cast knub thru the top triple for risk mitigation. Also they have a set hole for switch gear orientation. Many times theres limited adjustment and the units are 1 piece requiring complete removal to repair. Aftermarkets allow more adjustment. There is the traditional 7 degree ones, 0 degree ones (no slope), and longer bar options. Most put the bar clamp in front of the fork leg vs behind like Apex. You can mock fit the bike prior to purchasing... so youre not stuck with something that doesnt work