1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

class rule question ?

Discussion in 'General' started by ahastings, Sep 4, 2012.

1. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

I have a gsxr 600 with a blown motor and if I decide to put a 750 motor in it. What classes in WERA would that be legal for ?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Straight bolt in no adapters needed it's legal for B Superbike, A Superbike, F1.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

......I'm not touching this one......but it won't take long before someone does! :D

4. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

That thing has GOT to be clubman legal right?? :D

5. sowega

sowega #710

Dude, eff WERA. Run that ho in AMA Supersport!

6. Offtopic, but sorta related question out of curiosity...

The 600's and 750's are identical except for the motors and forks. IIRC the 750 forks have a different coating on them (im pretty sure they are a different color, or at least they used to be).

So when somebody puts a 750 in a 600 frame or vice versa, they now have a GSX-R600/750 with different colored forks.

If Arnie was to put some Gix 750 forks on that bike along with the motor, would it then be B-SS legal? Even though that particular bike may not have started out as a GSX-R750, if he changed the forks and motor it would be 100% identical to any other GSX-R750 out there, inside and out.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If the frame is absolutely 100% the same then it would be legal so long as the other bits are 100% exactly the same. However - I believe there are differences in the frame, nothing major but still some.

8. There may be, I'm not 100% sure. I know they are interchangeable but they may not be indentical. Was just curious and figured i would throw it out there to maybe give Arnie an idea to potentially do more classes.

9. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

nope Air box is different, ecu is different only the 06-07 750 have anodized fork tubes 08-9 are the same color as the 600 but the compression fittings are different also different gauges.

10. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

From 04 on If you took the ENTIRE motor (ECU, Airbox wire harness and all) as well as the fork tubes (04-07 at least), it would be a 750 with a 600 vin for all intents and purposes. Frames are identical im 99% sure from 04 on to present.

00-03 the 750 frame was different. back then the 600 was its own beast, and the 1000 was built off the 750. NOw the 1000 is its own beast and the 750 is built off the 600.

Late gen (08 to present) the forks are identical as far as WERA (the parts that have to remain for SS legal) is concerned I think.

Im not 100% on all that, but pretty damn sure.

11. tracaddict

tracaddict Well-Known Member

These classes...

[​IMG]

12. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

And AMA Supersport oh wait a minute :Poke:

Sorry I had too :D

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  13. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Oh snnnnnnnap

14. jrockcolors

jrockcolors Well-Known Member

Wow... Really how gay is this thread .... Seems to me like that's a trick question !!!

15. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

You're the only thing gheyn' up this thread:Poke:

16. jrockcolors

jrockcolors Well-Known Member

Sorry was out with your momma . She like"s to hang with those of us who go to the race track instead of trolling on the beeb. What were you saying ? :D