1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chinese brakes

Discussion in 'Tech' started by dakh, Nov 4, 2010.

1. dakh

dakh Well-Known Member

I'm getting a bit concerned buying brakes from ebay and such.. Yea it says Brembo and there's a serial number and it looks identical to the part that is for sure authentic (to my untrained eye). Could it still be a fake or they're not that easy to make look the same? I'm talking calipers and master cylinders.

2. casual

casual Well-Known Member

if its cheap it prob is fake dont trust knockoffs for front brakes.. rear brake knockoff is fine but when u see it in person you can tell

3. 418

418 Expert #59

It's just brakes, what's the worst that could happen...

4. dakh

dakh Well-Known Member

The question is how to identify a fake. Assume the price is what a real brembo would fetch on a used market.

5. Yoyo

Yoyo Well-Known Member

If the master cylinder is powder coated, it is defiantly a fake.

You should also be able to see a difference in the area where the pivot pin for the lever goes.
    On a real brembo, the transition between the forged body, and the machined lever area is easy to discern. On a fake, it is a continuous powder coated area.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Like Fred said...............

fake radial pump

[​IMG]

real brembo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. dakh

dakh Well-Known Member

Thanks a ton, great answer!

Any tips for catching fake calipers?

8. iomfan

iomfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting. Wish Brembo was able to put a stop to that crap. In this era of being PC, an assassination team sounds harsh but that's how I feel. The copying bastards care about nothing but money and stealing market share. Certainly not anyone's safety. I run a chinese copy of a Bridgeport manual mill at work and it's a piece. The name in the casting is Millport. Grrrrrr.