Childcare WTF! I have to take out a loan for this shit!

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Jul 2, 2014.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

definitely not odd...but for me I tried to give them the funds, but then that left me as a shell of myself....so I learned it needs to be a balance, otherwise no one is going to be happy.

but yeah...you're basically done for.

2. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

When my boys were young my wife decided to open her own daycare. She had about 40-50 kids and 6-7 teachers. When the kids were old enough to go to public school she sold the daycare center.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  3. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Well drop the little guy off at the daycare this moring. Mom left early so I could be the tuff one cause we knew he wouldnt take it good with us leaving him there. Well I ended up taking hard to. Felt like I was abandoning him. Dads are sopose to be the tuff ones right? :D

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not if you are a real Dad. Congratulations. You passed the first test.:D

5. assjuice cyrus

I dont know if I would call it passing the test. I ran out of there wiping eyes so fast so none of the workers could see me. :crackup:

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

you're probably taking harder than he is...but that's because you're a good dad :up::beer:

7. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

been there, it gets a little easier but not a whole lot and mine is 5 now

8. assjuice cyrus

I was all good till I heard him say, I want my daddy as I was walking out of the room. I had to pick up the pace.....LOL

9. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Well then, if I ever start a day care facility, everyone's agreement is going to include a clause that,

1) allows me to impose a fee if I call their phone and the number is either disconnected, or voice mail isn't set up

2) tells them that if they're more than X hours late, the department of job and family services will be contacted, and their children will go into shelter care as wards of the county.

It's DAYcare, not "come back whenever you feel like it" care. Any parent that irresponsible isn't going to be good for their fees anyway.

10. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

All it takes is one pissed off parent to say that their kid said that you or one of your instructors touched them inappropriately...whether you did or not. NFW I would want to get involved with that.
    If you want to be a babysitter, open a bar and babysit adults (not sure which would give you the bigger headache - kids or adults).

11. sonicnofadz

sonicnofadz Well-Known Member

yeah thats pretty cheap. This is why I'm putting off having kids as LONG as possible, shit is expensive as all hell.

12. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I let my daughter paint my nails while I read. No lie. I feel like it kinda goes with the territory have one child who is a female. I wanted her to do all this badass stuff like race minis etc. nope. She's a girly girl through and through.

13. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

We've all been there man. :up:

14. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Our cost is 72% of my gross (i'd be the one to stay home). I was paying $400 a month in gas to get my truck, which I bought to get to the track, to work and back. Haven't been to the track since the 250 Thanksgiving race at Jennings, 2012?

I'd like to think that we'll get a raise when they get to grade school, but something tells me that's not how it's going to work out.

15. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Just had our 2nd Tue night at 11:01. In 12 weeks, I get the pleasure of dropping approx $19k/year in daycare costs. :D

16. assjuice cyrus

Wow, congrats!

17. assjuice cyrus

Day 2, Was him a little worse me alot better :D. When I got home last night its all he would talk about. His school, what he did, the picture he made us. So I know he liked it the teacher sentt home a note saying he did really good after we left and played with other kids well and had fun. I guess hes just gotta adjust to the routine.