Chicago Cop: "It's Gonna Be A Bad Summer"

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by YamahaRick, Mar 28, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Not in it's current form anyway. The idea of the Dem party isn't that bad - representation of the "little guy" in politics, which rose from the industrialization and monopolies of the 19th Century, but it's totally lost now. I'm sticking with my "vote where you live and vote where you work" plan to fix this urban blight problem.

2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

The Democrat party that stood for slavery and Jim Crow? Democrats have been lying and accusing others of their own faults for a LONG time. Even now they claim to be for the little guy but look who is in the party, Hollywood rich people and more than a few super rich. I can name more billionaires in the Democrat party than Republican by a lot. The little people are just their useful idiots just check the map where they control the votes.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Little guy is a relative term. Both parties manipulate their useful idiots to get what they want.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, Chicagos issues aren't party based, they are politician based of any party. The dealers are the only ones who can afford the bribes these days so nothing will change. I'm sure there are good people in those neighborhoods but there isn't shit they can do to change anything. They have no pull, no money, nothing.

5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Yeah - I know - Pretzel is my lil joke.

Like “Blowjobovich”

:crackup:

6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

This. Both sides of the coin equally worthless and pandering. Several of these "conservative Republicans" that got elected in southern Illinois this past fall are prime examples. They played the rural population in their areas like bass fiddles pushing all the right "feel good" or "panic" buttons. "We will protect you from the Northern hordes from Cook County".

Shock of shocks the money backing them came from Chicagoland/Cook County sources.

This state is so f'd.

If the grandparents weren't cemented in here, we'd already be gone.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

I figured as much. Funny thing you mention Blagojevich. I went to a Chi-Cub game at wrigley in 2010 iirc and low and behold, who was standing outside glad handing the people as they were walking to the game. I stopped and got a picture with him and he looked at me and said I’m innocent and all the chargers were trumped up etc. I think he got the hammered dropped on him a year or so later. Need to get that picture. He was definitely tying to get the general public to sway in his direction. LOL

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

If I want to blame liberal democrats I will. :D

9. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

The issue is the same one its been for a while now and its about haves and have nots. Rich who want to be powerful and the powerful who want to be rich keep robbing the city from the bottom up. Bring in D or R, bring in the head of the FBI to run CPD, bring in the IL Guard - doesn't matter. Throwing all the money you can at police and policing is just plugging holes. Whole neighborhoods need to be wiped and rebuilt unfortunately because the good people can't rise up and police can't fight an insurgency any better than the military. The good and the bad of it depending on your address is that it is insanely localized throughout the city for the most part.

ducnut, G 97 and SGVRider like this.
  10. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

When the state loses its monopoly on violence, the end is nigh.

11. SGVRider

Don’t stress it my dude. None of this means anything, our social and political systems aren’t long for this world. In 200 years man will be either replaced, extinct, or living as hunter gatherers in the shattered radioactive ruins of our global civilization. We’ll be long dead whichever option happens.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

fixed

stk0308 and Potts N Pans like this.
  13. SGVRider

Hey man, let’s extend that date to at least 70 years because I can reasonably expect to live another 60ish years if I mind the salt and steaks. After I’m pushing up daisies then the world can go to shit. :D

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Born and raised in West Central Illinois, moved out in 76 and then relocated with Deere in East Moline for ten years. What use to be a great state is now a complete cluster. All the smaller cities like Rockford, Peoria, Jacksonville, Macomb, Springfield, Decatur, Urbana, etc. those nice towns all turned into little dirty shit holes. I’m aware of the agricultural drain and lack of local opportunities etc but each one of them has been back filled by transient inner city Chicago peeps bringing their social debit cards and filth with them. Sad, sad deal.

ducnut likes this.
  15. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Agreed. Similar story just further south. I remember when building the prison in Centralia was going be the answer.

Fast forward thirty years - gangs, drugs, shooting and unsolved murders.

Luckily Pretzel is going to save us all by taking our 2nd amendment rights away.

It’s a comfort for me, as I know all of those shootings involved legally acquired firearms...

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    G 97 likes this.
  16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

[​IMG]

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Too precise, not enough collateral damage. :D

18. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

I feel safer in CHICAGO than in Rockford. Used to be the problems were always kept on the west side. Now plenty of problems all over the city. Last year there were 2 shootings at the Cherryvale Mall in broad daylight with shoppers around. Havent been to Cherryvale Mall in maybe 12-15yrs. Last time I was in Rockford was about 3-4 yrs ago and that was just to Giordanos off N Mulford Rd. Been avoiding Rockford area like the plague (including Cherryvale, Machesney Park, Loves Park). Around 2003jsh some asshat randomly shot 2 bikers wirh a .22. Both near Apline and Spring Brooke. One in the helmet (didnt even know he got shot until he took his helmet off and seen blood) other got hit in tbe gas tank. About a week apart.

I used to love going to Rockford.

19. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

That’s spot-on.

20. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

I grew up there and but moved out at 18. I olny got back 3 times a year to see my family which says a lot as I am only 2 hours away. Thankfully my family all finally got fed up and are all moving out of that state.
    Downside is they are all moving to TN. my parents and both sisters families.