CBR600f4i bodywork

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Dave164, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Dave164

Dave164 Well-Known Member

Received the hot bodies kit for the f4i today and everything was going fine until I tried to mount the tail piece. Unless you cut the stock undertail off at the rear just above the light it will not fit. I do not want to cut up the stock plastic undertail so can I run with a fabricated undertail that would close it in. This would also mean fabricating a battery tray. I really want to run this in superstock so I do not wish to run foul of the rules. The hot bodies tail is superstock legal as it retains the original seat. Thanks in advance, Dave.

#249 Well-Known Member

I have the same bobywork on a 2001 F4i and just had to trim some of the undertray where it mounts to the subframe at the rear of the bike (just in front of the tailight). I kept the battery tray and remaining undertray intact.

3. Dave164

I have just checked and to get it to line up I would have to cut the two taller pieces off that hold the rear light in which means when I put it back to road trim would mean buying the complete undertail. If I remove the part that is just a strengthner in the stock tail the hole locations in the hot bodies tail miss by 3/4". This tail has some imitation lights? in it so it may be different.

4. Dave164

Could anyone confirm that if I fabricate an undertail ("in a workmanlike manner") and with ("no aerodynamic advantage") I will still be able to run in superstock.

5. Devilredr6

Devilredr6 Well-Known Member

Im pretty sure you can with no problem. Someone would have to complain about it, and I doubt they would.

Try Ebay, you might be able to find one.

6. Bricef4

Bricef4 Active Member

I have the airtech tail, and I have a fabicated undertail peice made of hard plastic. I have never had any problems getting through tech. :D

7. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Check with the salvage yards. Brand new, the inner fender is less than $100, so, you could probably get a pretty good deal from a chop shop.

8. Dave164

Thanks for the information, I will keep checking e-bay but time is running out so I think I will make something temporary for now.

9. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

#249 Well-Known Member

I've passed

through many tech sessions with the HotBodies tail and a piece of smoke plexiglass cut to fit under the tail. I did it to keep from getting all the shi-ate thrown up into my PCIII and battery area.