1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CBR300 racers, top ten part out wish list? If there's even a market?

Discussion in 'General' started by grantcarruthersHACKED, Apr 7, 2024.

1. Friends kid blew up his '15 300 street bike motor it would seem. I spent some time on ebay trying to make a list of what they could part out and expect from it.

Anything worthwhile to remove clean and store for sale besides:
    Frame, subframe, wheels, headlight, taillight, mirrors, bodywork, throttlebody, coil?

Anybody taking motor cores? All I have is third hand information that it lost power but ran to the shop where all they did was find shavings in the oil. Too broke and disinterested to pay for diagnostics even

Or not worth the hassle and boxing expenses, pitch it in a dumpster?

Anyone want a straight parts bike with title?

2. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Would they make money easier by dropping in a used motor, then sell?

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Probably the only valuable part is the motor... for Grom swaps.

TurboBlew and grantcarruthers like this.
  4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

2 options-
    eBay swap motor and sell complete. Prob done nicely for around $500-800

Sell to me stupid cheap if it ain’t all wrecked and I’ll do the swap.

parting out is good, but you’ll definitely end up with a bunch of shot nobody wants.

you’ll sell forks, headlight, fairings if good quick, then other shit you’ll have piled up.

5. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

My 5 seconds of eBay research showed used motors starting around $1400. Plus install by a mechanic. If there's a source of these $500-800 motors that I'm missing I'm all ears.

They are apartment dwellers with no tools or skills. Sell whole to you or someone with similar interest is the best option so far ;-) Not the original plan but it's on the list to sell complete and wash hands.

I have not seen it but not crashed to my knowledge. Kid of a friend

About as far as I am going personally is picking up the bike for them and cutting the filter open to see what I think.

6. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

That's what I'm trying to figure out for them but my brief search for motors said no way do they have the capital or interest at the $1400 motors I saw on eBay

7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Remind me tomorrow, I have a few 300’s because a lot of times I buy them at auction and they are blown.

I also buy wrecked bikes for their good engines.

on that particular model, Honda had a HUGE engine update available because it’s the same basic engine in several models.

you get a new crank and piston and cylinder and a lot of better stuff for under $500. If you can rebuild a dirtbike engine you can rebuild a 300.