1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Catch Can... need help..

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Crash1k, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Crash1k

Crash1k Well-Known Member

I'm trying to get the bike completely dialed in and only have tomorrow left to finish before I do the new racer school and race on Sunday.

I still need to get my case covers put on, finish safety wiring, and sort out my catch can issues..
    This is all I could find and was taken from the rulebook on the home page:

"a2)A catch can shall be fitted where required or at the direction of a Technical Inspector."

"o) If the crankcase ventilation hose is relocated from the airbox it must be routed to a catch can and the stock airbox hole must be plugged."

I can technically leave the crankcase breather hooked up to the airbox, but I would still need to route the two vent lines from the bottom of the gas tank and the line coming off of the overflow bottle on the cooling system.. correct?
    Is there anything I am missing?
    Does the bottle have to be in a certain location?
    Can I use any thing? Can I just use a plastic water bottle?
    Does it have to be vented? Sealed? I would think it would have to breathe somewhat to avoid pressurizing..no?

2. Crash1k

Does anybody have some pictures of how there's looks in the end? i.e. how the tubes are inserted into the can, how they are restrained from coming out. How and where their can was mounted...

3. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

What bike?

Usually, those lines can be routed to the belly pan with no additional catch cans needed.

4. Crash1k

'07 gsxr 1000...

You can let them drain into the belly pan and not use a catch can at all?

5. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

The vent and overflow from the tank, and the coolant overflow lines, yes.

If you change the crankase breather, no.

6. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

ive got my tank lines and coolant line into a bottle under the tank... with an overflow from that to the belly pan...

just me being paranoid... i dont want anything goin in there... if it does then i know i got a problem..