1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cash Deposit Into Bank Account(s)

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 18, 2022.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I know that if you deposit 10k + into a bank account it has to be reported to uncle sam.

What if you break it up into increments over time? Like 500 here, 1000 there? Or deposit it into different accounts at different banks? Will it still raise a red flag to uncle sam?

Just trying to figure out how to put some sock drawer money into the bank without raising a flag and getting taxed for it.

Of course I'm asking for a friend...

2. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Will it get taxed? I thought it just gets reported so if it continues to happen then they might take a closer look and make sure you, I mean your friend, aren't laundering money or not reporting income.

sheepofblue likes this.
  3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

With a fill up these days of over a hundred bucks nobody is going to give a rat's ass if you put a couple grand in the bank 3 or 4 times in the next couple of weeks.

Asking for a friend, have you been audited in the last couple of years?

4. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I believe it also gets reported if you take out more than $10k.

5. grasshopper

I don't know?! That's why I'm asking

6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

How much cash on hand does your "friend" have?

If you do break it up, don't do even amounts like 9000/7500 etc. More like 8945.77 or 7238.14.

grasshopper likes this.
  7. grasshopper

I don't think my friend has been audited. No

8. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

In cash, right? I just requested a check for about $20K and nothing was said about reporting.

9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

That's the thing about reporting- they don't always report the reporting to you

pjdoran, TurboBlew and YamahaRick like this.
  10. BC

BC Well-Known Member

If you put close to 10K in often, they consider it structuring deposits to avoid the reporting. Grand here, two there no biggie. spread it out over time.

SuddenBraking and SGVRider like this.
  11. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I think that is correct but don't know for sure. A friend of mine bought a car with cash (a good bit over $10k) and the dealership said they had to report it. He was kind of irritated by it. I told him not to worry as I'm sure he's already on a "list" for something anyway.

SGVRider likes this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If you deposit multiples and it adds to over ten grand in a year it will also be reported.

13. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Just use the cash to buy gas and groceries for a few months. Use your regular paychecks to move to savings.

gapman789 likes this.
  14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

could also see what the CD rates are if you dont need it for a year. Then make a $9,994.32 deposit...lol

15. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Buy a motorcycle.

Sabre699 likes this.
  16. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

I am in California I CANNOT go to a bank and put cash in anybody's bank account .. ANY friends,employees or, family.
    Not of any denomination.

The only caveat is if it is a business account and $10, 000 used to be the threshold for scrutiny but did they not just pass legislation to bring that down to $600 transactions?

I'm pretty sure that's what just recently happened

17. grasshopper

LOL The devil has spoken. I need to get rid of 1 or 2 before I get another one. My fucking garage is full to the gills. Its stupid

18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'll hang on to it for you, no reporting at all.

Sabre699 likes this.
  19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Find a local coin shop, and/or a local gunsmith.

Turn that fiat into silver, and or brass&lead and something that said brass&lead fits through.

Or hookerz & blow.

Dragginass likes this.
  20. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Buy gold coins

cortezmachine and Dragginass like this.