1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canine Question

Discussion in 'General' started by Dutch, Jan 12, 2001.

1. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Seeing as though I'm going to be doing a few races next year. And I love to take the Rottens with me where - ever I go. I thought it might be prudent to ask if anyone knows of tracks on the schedule that would frown upon me showing up with a couple hundred pounds of Rottweiler in the truck with me. They really are big babies. And they LOVE cheesburgers - Dutch

2. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

From the Rain Director's broken record that is played at Rider's Meetings:

Item #3 - "Please keep dogs and kids on a leash. We don't need them wandering out onto the track.

3. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Dogs or any other animal have no business at a racetrack. Do your pit neighbors and everyone else a favor and leave them at home.

4. CharlieM#90

CharlieM#90 Well-Known Member

My sentiments exactly!

Charlie Mc #90

5. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Um, Charlie are you OK? You just agreed with me. [​IMG]

6. CharlieM#90

CharlieM#90 Well-Known Member

It's friday. I'm in a good mood. [​IMG]

7. Jeffro510

Jeffro510 Hand bra for hire!!!!

I have a dog, and would love to bring her to the track, but I know that she would bark at everyone so she stays home. We have friends that watch her on race weekends. At some of the events in the past years, there were some not so friendly Rots that would bark and growl at everyone that passed by trying to rip off the bumper of the truck that they were tied to. It was unsettling to pit next to, let alone camp next to. Sorry, I just don't think that the track is a good place for dogs.

8. GSXRGIRL

GSXRGIRL Guest

The only track I take my dog to is Roebling. I take him there because we can pit way away from everyone and he can't bother anyone that way. It gets expensive boarding him every race weekend. :)

9. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

I don't think that dogs are any worse than children (I happen to like dogs better anyway [​IMG] ). It all depends on how they behave.

10. fastguy

fastguy Well-Known Member

Does anybody remember the incident this past year where a rottweiler and I think it was a boxer got into and started fighting like hell. There were a couple of kids screaming and it was just chaos. We do not need that at the track. I have a black lab and she has never been and never will be at the track. My idea of a race weekend is not running through dog shit with my brand new pirellis. [​IMG]

11. GSXRGIRL

GSXRGIRL Guest

Well my dog doesn't bark....I think he has barked twice in the 2 years I have had him. Plus, I am a good dog owner and I always clean up his crap. [​IMG]

I don't understand why people let their dogs go to the bathroom everywhere. I remember at the race at Atlanta Motor Speedway last year that tons of people had their dogs (can't understand that since there is no grass anywhere) and they were letting their dogs crap in the middle of the parking lot/walkways and not even clean it up. It was so nasty!!!

So if you do bring your pet at least have respect for other people and clean up after them!!!

12. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

Right on, Gixer dudette. I've seen a few dogs crap in the grass at Summit Point behind the bathroom, an area that people frequently cross on their way to/from the bathroom. Must be an ironic situation, stepping in dog crap after taking a dump yourself! [​IMG]

That said, I've also seen very well behaved dogs pitted close to me who didn't bother anyone all weekend.

13. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Let me first say that dogs, like children, are a direct reflection of their owners. I have trained dogs for companionship as well as peronal protection for many a year now. I pride myself on having dogs that are what we call "well socialized." People who bring an animal into a public setting where they cant be assured that the animal will stay in their control the entire time have no business bringing that animal to the racetrack. People who arent considerate enough to clean up after their animals are also another pet peave of mine. I won't delve into the personal attributes of a person who leaves their dogs waste in an area where they know other people (or kids) could come in contact with it. Now, with all due respect to the members who seem to have issues with dogs being at the track, would someone please answer my original question? Are there any tracks that will not allow me to bring them? BTW if you substitute "kid" for "dog" in all these posts it's amazing how universal it is isn't it?

14. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

That's the owners fault, not the dog's.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dogs are cool assuming they have owners with half a brain... The only no dog place I can think of off the top of my head is Road Atlanta. We have occasionally gotten away with a don't ask, don't tell policy but we have also had people not allowed in the facility...

16. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Muchos Gracias Senor Mongo. That's what I was looking for. While I don't profess to having anything NEAR half a brain, I can say that if the hounds make the treck with me they will be well behaved and looked after.

17. GSXRGIRL

GSXRGIRL Guest

Well said my friend. I think RA is the only track that it a definate no. I called ahead to Roebling before I took mine and if I am in the situation where I have to take him, I will always call ahead. Saves you a headache in the end. [​IMG]

18. fastguy

fastguy Well-Known Member

yeah you're right, after I check my racelist for everything such as tire pressure, gas, brake caliper bolts, grid position on my tank, I should add on my list "Look for Dog shit". No thanks, I have enough "shit" to worry about. [​IMG]

19. wrenn

wrenn Well-Known Member

oh yeah mongo? i saw several dogs(the barking kind) at the gnf...boy was the woman pissed the dog 'had' to stay behind. [​IMG]

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Read the rest of my post and pay attention [​IMG]