1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canadians Coming to WERA

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by sunny525, Sep 25, 2023.

1. sunny525

sunny525 Member

Hello there!

Just wanted to say hello and introduce ourselves. My name is Sunny and my husband's name is Drew. We are both racers from Canada who decided to come to the USA and race WERA North Central in 2024. I'm an amateur and he's an expert in the SOAR regional series, but for next season we decided we wanted to race some different tracks. We're both very excited and looking forward to meeting everyone.

Also, does anyone has any advice about gearing for an 2008 R6, at Gratten, Nelson Ledges, Mid Ohio and PIRC? Just have no idea and seeing if I'd need to order some longer chains for us.

Thanks!
    Sunny#525

RightSideUp and Phl218 like this.
  2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

For a 2008 R6, 15/42-45 should be all the sprockets you will need to run the tracks you mentioned. Pick up an additional chain and master link to keep with you.

sunny525 likes this.
  3. sunny525

sunny525 Member

Thanks!
    Looks like i've got a few sprockets to buys as well. Already running -1 in the front, but been running -3 in the rear at our local track.

4. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

You should definitely plan on the GNF at Barber at the end of the season, its just a bit farther south.

KneeDragger_c69 and sunny525 like this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Welcome :D

sunny525 likes this.
  6. sunny525

sunny525 Member

Hey! Yeah if all goes well, we'll definitely try to be there racing or not :) But racing at Barber would be a dream...

7. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

You definitely should.
    Did my first ever event with WERA last October for the GNF. Amazing track and great peeps.

I iz also Canadian:D

sunny525 likes this.
  8. sunny525

sunny525 Member

Oh hey dude! We just got home from our last round at SOAR. I'm sure you remeber Ken. I believe you guys went to Daytona a few years ago.

Oh yeah, we're now planning on going to the GNF lol

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  9. KneeDragger_c69

OF course I remember him. He'll be at Daytona this coming October, and so will I.:)

Was suppose to go to the GNF but for some reason, Daytona was moved out 1 week, which clashes with GNF :(

sunny525 likes this.
  10. 172Driver

172Driver Member

Sunny! I'm also a SOAR racer, I've done the North Central for the last couple years... If I can help just message me! I'm happy to hear more Canadians/SOAR fam coming down, its great racing!

11. 172Driver

172Driver Member

Oh that stupid name probably doesn't help you know who I am! Its Danny #174

12. sunny525

sunny525 Member

Dude, I'm so happy you're still racing after all these years! Great to see you still out there killin it :beer:
    I'm sure we'll meet up with you guys at some point next season :D

13. sunny525

sunny525 Member

Hahahaha

Hey Danny! So that's why we haven't seen you around. Yeah there's a few others interested too! They just need to grow some balls first :D
    Thank you! I'll definitley keep in touch. We're commiting ourselves to all the North Central rounds + the GNF for 2024!!

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damn Daytona Chamber of Commerce changed up Biketoberfest. Our date was already long set so nothing either of us could do.

15. 172Driver

172Driver Member

Ya, I do SOAR now to fill in the gaps, only made 2 rounds this season.... I miss the series and peeps but I was happy for a change away from GB.

You guys will love it... the tracks are so different than we're used to, and the north central has a nice mix too.... Grattan super technical, Nelson flat like GB but proper fast, Mid-O HUGE and so much fun. I missed PIRC this year again, I don't like to register far out so twice now didn't get time at a track day :(

GET NEXUS!

sunny525 likes this.
  16. sunny525

sunny525 Member

We're really excited about Mid-O getting new pavement!!

Oh yeah, it's already on the list. I hear it's a 8-12 month wait too

17. sunny525

sunny525 Member

Oh and thanks for accepting my fb requests lmao

18. KneeDragger_c69

So that's why Daytona was moved out, Biketocberfest !!??!! :mad::mad:
    Always wondered why 1

Ya lots of us aren 't happy ause it's the best way for us Northen rides to come down and do two awesome tracks and still not miss too too much work.

172Driver likes this.
  19. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

(Rick) Maybe I'll come do the Friday practice (STT) and crew for you guys at Grattan.

sunny525 likes this.
  20. sunny525

sunny525 Member

YES DUDE! You have no idea how happy you just made me hearing this :D

I'm totally making my amazing Korean BBQ short ribs for those weekends.