1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can miguel be far behind?

Discussion in 'General' started by derby369, Oct 23, 2008.

1. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

2. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

When did they move Daytona Beach to California?

3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Slack editorial staff.

:Poke:

:D

4. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

There was an earthquake...

5. DangerZone

DangerZone CAUTION!

6. TTR174

TTR174 Rescue and restoration of 60's and 70's bikes

Miguel has applied for the position of Safety Car Driver. That way he can lead a race, yelling out the window with his fist in the air " I'm winning, I'm winning."

7. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:D

8. BRKNtibia

BRKNtibia AMAfan Wannabe

Traitor

I can't believe it, one of Honda's own has defected to the enemy. Sad. I guess Daytona is a nicer place to retire than New Hampshire.

9. RumbleStrip

RumbleStrip Well-Known Member

You don't know the power of the dark side!

10. Bibendum

Bibendum Well-Known Member

Actually, Unless something changed recently, Al was not an American Honda employee. Very few folks on race teams are actually company employees but contract labor. Although the pay can be good, there's no benefits and the like offered under a company umbrella. He was trying to get this postion some time ago before everything went crazy at the AMA (OK, crazier than 'normal'). I can see the motivation. Not near the hours of a race tech and some benefits. I have no idea how DMG work but since they're part of the NASCAR family my guess is they have some benefits for thier employees.

11. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

spec tire testing in dec???? Isnt that when dunlop does it's tire testing???

12. Chip

Chip Registered

13. John29

Pirelli tested in December at least 2004-2005-2006-2007. Michelin tested in December at least 2000-2003. Usually back to back with Dunlop.

14. SupermotoFan

SupermotoFan deep Clothing Company

15. caferace

caferace No.

16. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Or if they are they are going to get some new guys that can get a bike together to beat Yosh.......if yosh races also.

17. John29

Crowther stayed with AMA in Ohio. Al went to DMG (aka AMA Pro Racing) in Florida.

18. random hero

random hero Banned

god i hope miguel is done... its beyond his time to retire imo, give the ride to somebody that doesn't get senior citezen discount

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wonder if Dave is coming back to Georgia? That'd be cool.

20. RumbleStrip

RumbleStrip Well-Known Member

Well, Miguel can always go race Buell's for Pascal in Canada