1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling all nerds

Discussion in 'General' started by t11ravis, Jun 16, 2020.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

That's pretty cool...I've always liked the Leroy Neiman paintings myself.

t11ravis likes this.
  2. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Oh! And, I still have ALL my Dirt Wheels & 3-Wheelin' / ATV Sports & Dirt Bike magazines from the mid-late 80's.

Past Glory likes this.
  3. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Uhhh... I have no idea why, but I've saved every door card form every hotel I've ever stayed at. My work desk has almost a drawer full, haha.

t11ravis likes this.
  4. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

They don't charge you?

5. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

when i was like, 10? or 11? my great grandfather gave me a zippo from post WW2 era. Eniwitok atoll missle range. (its actually a zippo knock off- but whatever) that started a zippo collection that now whenever i travel, i purchase one from the location and add it to my collection. australia, maui, vegas, antigua, sturgis, etc. im up to 11 and they just sit in a little display case that came with magnets to hold them in place.

6. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Picassos...

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Love the picture of your boy.

I have some hotwheels from when I was a kid. Kept all of Tyler’s leathers when he was coming up.

t11ravis likes this.
  8. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Never been charged.

9. t11ravis

Livin' on the edge.

10. t11ravis

He did fake smiles like that for years. Drove my wife nuts.
    I should have done that, I had a bunch. Gotta believe some of those early 70's cars are worth some money these days.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  11. t11ravis

:eek:
    You know the difference between crazy and eccentric right?

12. Boman Forklift

Back in the late 80s I went over to a guys house that traveled all the time like I did. He had his guest bathroom setup like a Holiday Inn bathroom. Shower curtain that said holiday inn, shampoo, soaps, wash clothes towels, door card, everything. I asked the same thing and he said he didn’t get charged, he would just grab an item here and there.

grasshopper and t11ravis like this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They cost something like $ 0.05 in bulk. Crappy plastic cards and I had piles of them. :D

14. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

That's hilarious. I was doing that for a while to. Had a shit ton of them and then I was like "Why am I saving these?" Then threw them all in the garbage.

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Ex wives. The most expensive collection of them all.

Sorry, no pics. The judge said I had to stop posting those on the internet.

sanee, gixxernaut, Sabre699 and 7 others like this.
  16. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I too have the hot wheels from my youth. I now have well over a thousand still in the blister packs. As I became an adult and began to understand from a collector’s perspective, I started strategically buying them.

That shyt sounds creepy. :eek: Sounds like you stumbled upon a friend who had a hotel fetish but I digress . . .

You should man da fug up and post away. Fuck a judge! What can their candy asses do to you? :rolleyes:

17. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

"Early Bachelor" design chic. I had hotel towels, soap and shampoo set up in my guest bathroom because, well, it was used by overnight guests. Also in the 80's.

I stayed in a high end hotel in downtown Tokyo for several months (project was onsite). I earned enough program points to buy several rooms worth of towels, sheets, toiletries, robes, etc. I gave them all to my mother.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  18. Boman Forklift

Nope, not at all, we were young and we both had jobs that had us traveling 3-4 weeks per month.

YamahaRick and speedluvn like this.
  19. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

I have every RRW since about 1997, used to collect keychains and have around 500, oh yeah I take a pen from every hotel room so I have a lot of those too

t11ravis likes this.
  20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Holiday Inn? That's messed up... kinda like collecting Coors Silver Bullet crap. Four Seasons, Shangri-La or Peninsula I could understand :D