1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

California's 10 Day Waiting Period Ruled Unconstitutional

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by mfbRSV, Aug 28, 2014.

1. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

For repeat gun buyers. First time buyer still has to wait.

Waiting period is BS, but this is at least a step in the right direction.

2. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

What exactly does a waiting period accomplish? I have background checks run in 30 minutes down here.

3. sdg

sdg *

Just in case you're pissed off and just buying a gun b/c you want to go on a shooting spree... :rolleyes:

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

or if you are in fear for your life because of threats :Pop:

5. Chango

Chango Something clever!

fixed

6. sdg

sdg *

Because you could be pissed off and buying a gun illegally?

Gosh. Who would do that?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  7. Chango

Chango Something clever!

The waiting period only applies to people who are buying their guns legally. The drug dealer selling guns out of his car trunk doesn't really care about waiting periods.

8. sdg

sdg *

Oh no! What can we do about these criminals?

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Clearly we should ban all guns so that these criminals are left with no alternative but to turn in their guns... as required by law. :up:

10. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If we plaster the whole state with criminal free zone signs, they will all leave. If that doesn't work, we can simply make crime illegal.

11. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

obligatory reference to drugs:

We made drugs illegal...that's worked out well so far.... :D

12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I like having no wait, not even five minutes. And no background check fee.

13. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

15. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I wonder how much of their security use weapons ...
    On the other hand, I don't see the argument against background checks, other than pulling the slippery slope card.

16. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

He's not alone. His rich friends are putting up their money too. Targetting D.C. isn't a coincidence either. I realize this isn't a forward thinking crowd so I thought I'd mention what's on the horizon.

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The argument is that there already ARE background checks. Anyone that buys a firearm at a store has to do a background check, there is zero way around it in a legal store sale. Yes there are states like Utah where you can streamline that by getting a concealed firearms permit. That process involves an in-depth background check so the BCI doesn't have to run it for every firearm purchase. They do verify the permit and your ID, but no need to run a check as they already have done it.

However, there are those that want to force private sellers to run background checks if they sell a firearm in a private sale, or if they give a firearm to a family member.
    That is the rub. To require me to pay for a background check on someone that wants to purchase a firearm from me is wrong. To require me to run a background check on my son when I want to pass down a firearm to him is wrong. It is also wrong to force a purchaser to allow some random person to have all your information and know if you pass a background check.
    Not only is it wrong, it is impossible to implement and police. Which they know and why the push. Since it isn't possible, the next step will be to disallow private transfers of firearms. It will be to force all sales/transfers to happen at a store. And allow a registry.

18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Florida has a waiting period for handguns. It's fucking stupid.

20. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man