1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer beware: Clarence Randall!

Discussion in 'General' started by obcbr, May 27, 2017.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Man, I don't know about you, but to say you have to expect tp put up with some bs in these types of situation is bullshit.

How hard is it to be truthful, honest , and respectful, If you buy something from some one it should be EXCATLY what they say it is. Its not hard. Even if something is found and as a seller you had know idea it wasn't right, you do whatever you can to make it right, you as the seller should be the one making phone calls letting him know what yo can do to make it right.

There should be zero bs you have to put up with period. I have bought and sold a lot of shit and my life, never once has a buyer called me and wanted there money back. Why? Well that easy they get exactly what they think there are getting or sometimes even better.

I just sold my little 50cc zuma, guy comes and picks it up. I didn't know what I had parts wise still for it so I didn't advertised the extra parts, When I knew it was being picked up I started digging and found a whole shit ton of stuff I had and gave to guy, he was blown away I was throwing that in on the deal. Its really isn't hard to be a decent human, not hard at all.

2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

full disclosure seriousness for a second... just saw that for sale ad bumped, that's a dope looking bike haha. i don't know any of you guys, but i feel like, a reasonable person could have asked Robby Bobby for the frame that goes with the title since he still has it, and given that along with the sale, and then hearing about the case problem, coulda gone halvsies with the buyer in an effort to be a square G, and this whole thread probably wouldn't have existed. for another $700 or so on each person, it woulda had a fresh motor, and if the buyer felt so inclined he would have had a frame/title that could have potentially been put back on the street. something to be said about integrity and being a reasonable person sometimes. being out $700 and not being a lunatic is a small ask up front that turns into a huge cluster later (obviously).

i mean... i sold a 3 year old bicycle frame that was originally $1800, that I paid $1000 to get airbrushed, for like $600... only for the buyer to find out it had a cracked weld in it upon arrival that i missed. i paid for him to ship it back and refunded his money and now have a wall ornament. sometimes, life is just that way. i guess that's all dependent on taking some personal responsibility for things. oh well back to the jokes.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    slowzx6 likes this.
  3. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

Sorry, driving to RA. Another party jumped in and is helping the buyer out. I'm not 100% sure on all the details, but Jonathan texted me last night and was happy with the way things were looking.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  4. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Free lawyer or what?

5. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

That was a steal. I miss that bike.

418 likes this.
  6. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

Hinestky, not really sure. Just know he's happy. I'll talk to him in a bit.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  7. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

If you report that CR walks away unscathed, the ensuing rage fest will cover at least 10 pages.

Pixelator, BigBird, joec and 5 others like this.
  8. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

Ty likes this.
  9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well evidently in this situation the buyer is experiencing everything you say that a buyer should not have to. I agree a buyer shouldn't have to experience anything other than a fair and pleasant purchasing experience but at the same time you have to expect things to happen outside of this because we all know, nothing is perfect.

I agree it isn't hard to be honest, upfront and truthful. Sometimes it doesn't happen this way so one should expect at times to be able to adept and respond in hopes of moving towards a solution. Getting butt hurt over a few curse words and refusing to explore options isn't the best course of action. Unless you just want to waste moreresoirces in court, which is a crap shoot at best.

There should be zero BS but that's not reality.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

According to him you were notified in person as the temporary fix was made. At this point he has credibility and you do not.

Different builders have told you they look through packaging on frames for titles? Interesting, maybe they'll reach out to me as well as that something I've never seen a mechanic do. The supposed envelope in the picture also looks a lot like the same postal boxes used to protect the rest of the frame...

It has been said repeatedly if D&D inspects a used bike they will sign and inspection cert of some sort. Where is that?

I see absolutely nothing wrong with informing someone of an issue with a bike they bought.

11. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

You said "investment" and bike in the same sentence LMAO!

crashman likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It was not a newly built bike. It is a KTM that had a title and either had a replacement frame with it's own title (as you say this one did) or you buy a frame from KTM that has no numbers and the old title transfers with it. You didn't give the DMV the proper information.

SmokeSignalRT likes this.
  13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

He will. That's how he's made is this far. He's caused everyone involved such a hassle that in the end, they're willing to let it slide just to make him go away (temporarily). I say temporarily, because each time he gets away with his bullshit, he becomes more and more bold, and will do it again, sooner and more bullshitier than the last time.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Clarence lied? Never:crackup:

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, yeah, those kind of prove Rob right not you...

16. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i got a screen shot for that...

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hell, I wanna know when we hired bike builders. I need some work done on a few different things :D

Cam Morehead, badmoon692008 and Britt like this.
  18. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

You're right on with that assessment. My mechanic is an independent repair shop owner and I couldn't tell you the number of times people have come in there complaining about the horrible service and treatment they've received from our local, multi-line franchise dealer, as well as various come and gone independents. When you ask them if they're going to press the situation to force the shops to make things right, the answer is always "No, I'm just going to never do business with them again. If they need the money that bad and can sleep at night... blah, blah, blah". I've reached the point with such talk that I tell them outright that if they're willing to let that kind of behavior go, then they should just refrain from complaining about it. They only way such bad actors are ever going to stop is when someone stands up, drags them into court, and holds them to account.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Here's a hint...a bike with a replaced frame is NOT granma's Sunday ride.

20. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

So its ok as a buyer to call when the is an issue, but as a buyer you should expect to get cussed at?

Ha, that just doesn't make sense to me sorry. If I buy something and I feel that there is an issue with what I received from what was advertised, I don't expect to get cussed at, that wont end well I promise that.