1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Business phone answering system.

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Jul 10, 2023.

1. BC

BC Well-Known Member

We use cell phones. I'd like to find a way to have a recorded greeting and then for the caller to select where to route the call, which will be a cell phone.

Any ideas?

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Do you have an IP-based phone system with a landline at the office? My best friend sells phone systems and programs them all across the country. It is his IT services company. I can hook you up if that would be helpful.

BC likes this.
  3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I don’t know the full feature set of mine, but I do know from my cell phone I can get calls as if it were the exact same extension someone keyed in the office or if they dial the office number and key my extension it can ring right to my cell phone.

my bookkeeper can also transfer to my extension and the customer never knows it’s going to my cell phone versus me being in the office

sorry for the rambling. I’m driving in bumper-to-bumper traffic and doing voice to text.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I’ve found the best business answering system is a busty redhead with a soothing voice and legs up to…

AC1108, Steeltoe, BC and 2 others like this.
  5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Google Voice.

6. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Not sure what I have as it only runs my POS CC machine. I'll get ahold of Comcast to figure that out.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

If you like you can forward them to me. I'll answer calls for you. :D

8. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Get rid of that cc device and get one that connects via the internet.

There are plenty of voice service companies that offer what you desire. Basically a virtual PBX that forwards your "extension" to your cell. Or you can even have an app on your phone for "office" calls, so that when you return calls, you are not using your cell #.

Sadly I haven't been in this world for many years, so I do not know who to suggest.