1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Business Casual Dress....

Discussion in 'General' started by tito, Aug 2, 2012.

1. tito

tito Well-Known Member

So after years of being able to wear jeans and sneakers to work I am now starting a job that requires business casual dress. think khaki pants and polo shirt, not dress slacks and shirt and tie.
    The shirt part is not an issue, but I have never found a pair of khaki's that are as comfortable as jeans. do they exist?
    Also what brand of shoes to get? I will be on my feet most of the time so I need something that is good for standing and walking around all day.
    what brands do you guys like?

2. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

If you are used to jeans and sneakers those clothes will make you feel like a dork. You will quit the first week so only buy one pair of pants. :D

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Dockers, Wrangler khaki cargos, George at Walmart

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I like Columbia's khaki's.

Or if you want the ultimate pair that will last a lifetime....Bill's Khaki's ($125).

5. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Dockers Khaki's. Not sure of the model (or whatever clothing people call them), but they have a cut like a jean, same pocket layout, and a bit thicker fabric (nice for construction job site visits). They look upscale enough but are downscale enough for me to feel comfortable.

I wear steel toes everyday since I can go from my desk, to a foundry, to a church, to driving our fork truck and to almost anything in between an any given day. Red Wings FTMFW. When I was more office, less everything else, I really like Ecco dress shoes. Not cheap, but they lasted and were comfortable.

6. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Hagger makes some with the hidden stretchy thing in the waistband. Very comfy.

7. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Gap khaki's. The Gap stuff is on sale often enough to buy them cheap and replace them often. :up:

8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

shoes? merrell. most comfortable, supportive shoes i've ever worn.
    http://www.merrell.com/US/en/Men-Fo...Ascending=true&UserSelected=small&__ajax=true
    usually i wear altima jungle boots. like slippers after a break-in. they last forever and i've been through a dozen pairs. (gives you an idea how long i've been wearing 'em).
    i found merrells about a dozen years ago. been wearin' them since, as well. like slippers the moment you put 'em on.

9. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Dockers. Rockport for the shoes.

And quit being a whiner... bad way to start a new job. :D

10. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Eddie Bauer khaki pants. More than dockers but the fit/quality is more consistent for me.

I have Rockport's now and they are taking forever to break in. My cheapo-dockers work shoes were good to go from day 1 and lasted 5 years.

11. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I've had a pair of those Merrells before and they were damn comfortable.

12. rd400racer

I'm like a friggin chick as far as Merrell's go...I think I have 15 pairs.

For Christmas my son gave me a pair of the limited edition classics....a remake of the first shoe Merrell ever made. Wearing them right now.

(Check out the sportsmanguide.com for great deals on Merrell's)

13. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I'll have to try those Dockers shoes when I get back from Antarctica. I was looking at some in the past but didn't buy.

14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

:crackup:
    it's fucked up, ain't it?
    (i'm not even gonna count).

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think I'm at 10 or so between boots, the slip ons, and a couple other styles.

16. rd400racer

I've got a pair like these that I bought in 1987 and after heavy use they still look this good. I think my grandkids will be wearing them (when I actually have some...not too soon!)

[​IMG]

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Jongle Moc Leather on the feets right now. I had 3 pair of Dockers in a similar style that was even more comfortable, but they were discontinued.

18. Banana Republic or J. Crew for khaki's.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Just get flat fronts, no pleated khakis. Pleats will make you look like MC Hammer.

Make sure they fit and by fit I don't mean "good enough". Not tight enough to show the outline of your dick and not baggy enough that no one can see your legs move when you walk.

20. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I'll second the Gap Khakis or Banana Republic. If you go to an outlet store you can get the pretty cheap.

They're styling is a little more up to date, I hate relaxed fit or pleated in anything. Just be warned though the tailored/fitted look is in style so if you are a little fluffy, these may not fit you well.

Bills Khaki's are the bomb diggity.