1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bush's report card

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by 50Joe, Oct 10, 2003.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Since Bush took office:
    1. Turned surplus into record deficits
    2. No Bin Laden kill or capture
    3. No Sadam kill or capture
    4. No WMD's found
    5. Job market still sucks (granted, not really his fault)
    6. Zero progress in fixing the healthcare system in America

If I performed my job the way he has, I'd be fired.

And you still like him........? :rolleyes:

2. mad brad

mad brad Guest

love him. since bush has been in office, there have been no more bombings on our soil. and radical muslims dying in record numbers.

clinton declared war on microsoft 6 times during his term. an identical amount of times terrorist acts were commited against us, with NO retaliation. sorry such a president with balls exist for you.

tool.

3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Ah, the political naive come out to bring slick willy back as a comparison.

Very lame.

4. ZebProctor1

ZebProctor1 Well-Known Member

comparing the last democratic president who was reelected to the current republican president who is seeking reelection is not lame, posting a "rap sheet" of the current presidents shortcomings without comparing it to his successes is VERY lame.

5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

What successes?

6. ZebProctor1

ZebProctor1 Well-Known Member

1. Freeing Iraq from an evil dictator
    2. Killing the two sons of the evil dictator who murdered thousands of innocent civilians
    3. Ensured Iraq will never develop or continue to develop WMD
    4. Run the taliban out of afghanistan
    5. Created the DHS, centralizing national security and easing communication between IC members
    6. Shortened the depression that follows ALL recessions..

I have already met your stupid list, if you want more, read the damn news.

7. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I thought the scorecard was:

Bush - 9/11
    Clinton - WTC parking lot bomb (I don't remember the year)

Globally there are more but we're not counting those are we?

8. mad brad

mad brad Guest

joe, in order to foster and insure our newfound pallyhood, i will not discuss politics with you. :p

9. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Yeah, yeah,.....:beer: :D

I'm starting to miss the bitchy bartender from Red Oak. ;)

10. mad brad

mad brad Guest

she did have a hot turd cutter.
    :beer:

11. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

And most of this is a result of 9/11.

But I guess that is Bush's fault too.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Fixing healthcare is Brad's job anyway.... ;)

12. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

my what short spotty memories we have...

Why not when they were attacks against American interests as much as the 9/11 was?

non or weakly responded too attacks during Clinton:
    First WTC attack.
    USS Cole.
    Ambush in Somalia.
    Bombings of US embassies in Africa.
    Bombing of Kobar Towers in Saudi.
    the list goes on...

13. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

...damn I'm too busy watching my cubbies to debate politics today...

but I'm laughing at you.... foreign policy is in crapper and you guys think its a success... :confused:

way to go Joe :clap:

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

True, Clinton worked out that great deal with N Korea where we gave them a crapload of cash and they halted their nuclear weapons developement. That the kind of foreign policy you looking for?

15. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

No more bombings on our soil? Just one big one...

I agree, I'm not real sure what the deal was with the attacks on Microsoft. Granted, most of their biz practises could be considered preditory, but they sure as hell ain't alone in that catagory. Just more successful than most. Esp when you consider what wonderful crap they are peddling..

However, if it is ever determined that Bush II knowingly lied about the WMD and the other reasons for the war with Iraq, I'll change all my opinions about him....

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I get a good laugh every time I hear someone say George Bush is successful because there has not been another attack on American soil. So it justifies dropping bombs on civilians who had nothing to do September 11. It reminds me of this joke about the guy who keeps snapping his finger to keep tigers away. When his friend tells him that there are not tigers in North America, his answer is " it proves that it works." How many foreign attacks have happened on American soil in the last 200 years? What was the time interval between the last two? Has this interval been reached yet since the World Trade Center collapsed? How can anyone tell Georgie has been successful yet? If the measure of success in the absence of an attack for two years, then Clinton was successful in eliminating terrorism after the 1993 bombing.

Removing Saddam Hussein from power was a great thing. But America knew he was evil when they were supporting him in the 1980s. I believe the former boss of the president's daddy was occupying the White House at the time. I don't care about Clinton one way or another, as I believe all professional politicians are scum. But the only thing he is guilty of is terrible taste in women.:)

17. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

That's assuming the interval is constant. If precautions are effective, there's no way to know.

But it's certainly worth arguing over. :D

I think "unilateralism" will have far more effect on Bush's legacy than the Dept of Homeland Security or toppling a few dictators will.

18. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i will say, if clinton (or someone like him) were in office, the severity and frequency of attacks would have been worse/more frequent. these bastards are being individually woken out of bed and disappearing from the earth. and bush is the reason. i love how you guys think you could do better. doing the right thing in this world is diffucult, and takes balls and dedication. and bush, is that man. i thank god ever day that pussy gore is not the president. (although it would be comical to watch him pee in his pants over these diffucult times) you guys are pissed because he's gonna be around four more years before another republican takes over.

liberal democrat pantywastes are finished.

19. Strick

Strick Good to be king

What make me like Bush is not that I agree with all that he does but it is the fact that he chooses to do something. How many times did Clinton talk about reforming healthcare when he ran for the presidency and once elected he did nothing. You blast Bush for not doing anything but say nothing about Clinton eventhough that was one of his biggest points dring the election.

You do not have to like or agree with waht Bush does but how can you not respect that he has coviction in his actions. He decides what he feels is right to do and he does it. He takes alot of heat for his decisions but atleast he has the balls to do something.

20. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Thanks to GWB..

Two Iraqi soldiers are relocated to the US after the war. They desperately want to embrace the American way of life and agree to meet one year later to see who has become the most Americanized.

One year later the first Iraqi is waiting when the second arrives. The second Iraqi says "Sorry I'm late, first the wife had trouble getting the new oven to cook her apple pie, then the damn caddie died while I was driving my daughter to Little League."

Second Iraqi sighs and says: "F***ing towelhead."