Burts Bee's

Discussion in 'General' started by tunawest, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Oh shit! :crackup: On Dits' qouted post I can make out a watermark on the image.... wait for it.... vivawoman.net

:crackup:

2. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

3. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

I'm with ya bro. I was always a carmex guy but that shit is like crack! After 5 minutes I need some more. Then another 5 min some more. Then in another 5 min if I cant find it or left it in the truck I might as well need some methadone.

Apply the beez 1 time and be done! Although the shit is like 5 bucks at Walgreens. And take my advise, DO NOT buy the fake wal-mart brand that is half the price. I figured bee's wax is bee's wax right? Negative

4. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

Atleast one of you shit heads knows what im talking about!!!

5. abhartz

abhartz Member

That stuffs awesome, until you accidentally leave it in your pocket when you do laundry...

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Years ago I worked for a company that did contract manufacturing and one of the clients was BB. Expensive as F@ck to produce (well, piece price versus the rest) but there was nothing magic in it. Better than some but not the unicorn's glitter of that world.

7. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

Not really a chapstick guy, but I've probably used about a gallon of Burt's in my life for surfing. Good stuff. Tried Carmex but it didn't seem to last in the water.

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

HEY! After reading this thread can I now take a bubble bath and not get laughed at? :up:

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, if you lost a leg fighting the Germans at the Alamo, you'd still get made of fun 'round here. :D

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No.

11. tunawest

Washed a pair of shorts with a stick of burts bees in the pocket.

They be smellin o so good right now

12. motox

motox 164

The burts bees chapstick sucks IMO. Carmex lime is the bee's knees (some kind of pun there, i think)

edit:
    I had the opposite problem. Burts bees would wear off after just 5 minutes and I would need more. Carmex lasts me hours. The BB tasted so damn good, though...

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

........ and the ghey resumes....

14. Derrick1

Derrick1 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

15. Daniel06

Daniel06 Well-Known Member

First, I can't believe I read both pages of this.
    Second, What job are you burning through lip balm every 5 mins? Fluffer?

16. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

I was at the beach a few years ago checking out some chick in a bikini. Got to talking with her after a few drinks and she said she had two kids. I told her I didn't believe her because she didn't have any stretch marks on her perfect stomach. She said she used Burt's Bee's wax everyday when she was prego.

Since that moment Burt's Bee's Wax has fascinated me!!

17. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA

In OP's defense, most of you guys in the SE don't know desert hot. You know humid, but you don't know dry desert hot.

I just spent the last year and a half commuting to Nashville for work. I live in Albuquerque. Here it's so dry that your nose stops working and fills up with crud, your hands and lips crack till they bleed. And, that's just standing around. Put out a little effort like riding your desert bike, riding on a road course or even just riding on the street and it gets worse. I didn't feel anything like this last summer in Tennessee.

So yes, a lot of folks here use whatever to protect themselves.

But I do have to admit I wouldn't introduce this topic on the beep, and for sure I wouldn't have introduced the topic like that.

18. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

you guys do understand BB gives ALOT of money to the tree huggers to end motorized recreation, anti hunting, and promote more wilderness designations and land closures, RIGHT??????

every time you buy their crap you give the anti's more money to help shut public land from public use. Ski

19. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

I love the cherry lip balm. :up:

20. tunawest

SO

Everytime you masterbate, a kitten dies, and Im not gonna stop doing that anytime soon.

Burts is the shit, all you haters can DIAF