1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buell 1125 Race Package

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by KNickers, Oct 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

After 10 years I'm finally moving on to something different so this 2008 1125R package is for sale.

Motor: Built to DSB spec by Michael Tjon at EBR (May's crew chief) back in 2011. Slotted cam sprockets, decked heads, new pistons, 14:1 compression. Updated with a 2009 transmission. Still have the paperwork and all email correspondence with EBR. Top end freshened at beginning of 2018, since then it's had a total of 15 sprint races and two track days. EBR race exhaust, modified (by EBR) with 2 piece rear header so you don't have to drop the engine to drain the coolant.

ECM: EBR racing, mapped to 98-100 Octane unleaded. I've always run CAM2 100 octane. If I can get the PCM software off my computer and onto yours you can have all the maps/files i've got stored.

Chassis:
    • Ohlins 30mm cartridges custom built by Ohlins USA (Matt Hickson). Ohlins TTX rear shock. Set up for 200lb rider. Forks and shock serviced by Joe Kraft spring of 2018.
    • EBR Chain conversion swingarm. Captured spacers - One person can change the rear in under a minute.
    • Ohlins steering damper.
    • EBR front rotor (6mm racing version) and lightened rear rotor.
    • Buell Frame protectors
    • Std Shift and no quickshifter.
    Bodywork is rough - still the original after 10 years and it's been patches a few times. For the asking price I'll throw in a new set of Catalyst replacements. ZG Corsa windscreen.

Spares/Other:
    1 set of wheels (spare front also has 6mm racing rotor)
    EBR Race electrical harness
    OEM fairing stay.
    Spare RaceTech shock set up for 160lb rider. Serviced by RaceTech back in 2011, never used.
    OEM fork internals.
    Various levers grips etc.
    5 spare idler sprockets (a wear item, I've gone through 3 in 10 years)
    3 sets of Ferodo ZRAC front pads ($450 value and all my front brake issues evaporated when i switched to these pads, don't use EBC!)
    Various spare sprockets
    I'll throw in a used set of Chickenhawk pole position 3 temp warmers.
    1 set of lightly used Bridgestone rains.
    oil filters, drainbolt washers etc.
    Factory repair & parts manuals.
    A few other stock pieces, swingarm, some body work etc. but not enough to make it streetable.

This bike has never let me down since i've owned it and it's faster than I am as a rider. Good for B-SB/A-SS/A-SB/HWT/F1 in WERA and ready to race another 10 years.

$6000 for the package. Bike is located in SE Michigan. Will Transport up to 300 miles for gas money.
    left 2 (2).jpg Front (2).jpg

2. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

It has my race number... same font even!

GLWS

3. KNickers

Given there's an EBR in the classifieds for 7 I gotta drop. $5000.

4. Thomas Agar

Thomas Agar New Member

Would you want to part with the spare race harness, I wouldnt mind having one for my 1125R drag bike. No sweat if not

Thomas

5. mayernumber1

mayernumber1 New Member

I sent you a message if still for sale. My uncle is very interested who lives outside of Kansas city Missouri. thank you.

6. KNickers

Sorry just saw this
    PM sent

7. KNickers

Given the lack of response I"m going to have have to decide whether to part this bike out or mothball it and hand it down several generations from now in hopes it will be an oddball classic.

I don't check this thread very often so send me a PM to get in touch. Thanks.

8. SCOTTSPEED

SCOTTSPEED New Member

I'm possibly interested in some things

Sent from my SM-S102DL using Tapatalk

9. KNickers

Everything is still available but nostalgia has me keeping hold of this bike. I've also been trying to get a friend into racing with this bike, but it still sits the same as the original ad above. Oh, and I recently replaced the swingarm bearings because they were a little notchy.