1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buck Owens fans

Discussion in 'General' started by britx303, Jan 7, 2023.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Any fans here? I’m not sure I’m familiar with any songs or at least that I’m aware of. An acquaintance is big on Buck Owens, and has some signed stuff by him. Suggestions on song list to get started? He always asks me what I want to jam to when I see him, but it’s always old standbys like Johnny Cash or the like.

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Streets of Bakersfield. Original and duet with Dwight Yoakam.

3. britx303

I like Yoakum. I know he mentions his name in a song, but never looked into it. Thanks

ToofPic and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Act Naturally. Ain't no chance in hell you haven't heard that one.

5. britx303

Ok, that’s good stuff. Just gave it a listen to on utoob. My wife knew it immediately……..she’s a country injun:D I was too die hard punk/HC I guess besides a few country questionables, throughout my life:p

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  6. britx303

Just listened to it. Nope never heard it

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

8. britx303

It’s good though. Growing up my mom was super anti American, and she regarded that music as overly American. country music was a swelled up face no-no if she heard it played. I’ve got the hearing loss in my left ear to prove it :(

9. pickled egg

Want some entertainment, check out the tubeyou for old Hee-Haw episodes.

Your mother would spit nails. :D

10. britx303

Thanks!!! I’ve always liked Cash and David Allen Coe type stuff once I ran away and lived elsewhere with friends that listened to country stuff, and bits of others here and there but never got around to the deep dig into it. Buck Owens so far has the country sound I like.

11. pickled egg

Waylon and Merle, Ronnie Milsap, Hank Jr, Mickey Gilley, few more for you to check out.

12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Just the good ol' boys.

13. britx303

Hee haw was a show I remember her bitching about when my parents were still married, and our family was still together. We had my dads youngest brother and my cousins next door and they watched it and I would go over…….but I was 5-6 when everyone split and all things American ended as much as mommy dearest could control…….and the Central American muling began with me in tow as a little guy. Sheesh, late night has me rambling and venting :p

14. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Always been a fan of his 'Bakersfield sound' style music! So naturally I enjoy all of Dwight's music also. I'll listen to, or watch anything I can find with Buck. He has some nice versions of 'Big in Vegas,' which he also wrote. Most all of his hits were original songs.

britx303 likes this.
  15. britx303

I don’t like Hank jr. One of my old street buddies was into him, and I just couldn’t get into that one. Merle I know a bit of, my wife’s family are country folk, so I’ve heard a good bit through the years, but a lot of times I just don’t know who it is on the radio at cookouts etc.

16. britx303

So Dwight Yokum……when I was 16 the only job that would hire me since I dropped out sans GED was a construction company as a laborer. The foreman was a guy from Arkansas that was big on DY and I liked that pretty quickly as he played it on the jobsites. Yeah this explains why I like Owens right away

ToofPic and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Once a Wanker.. and britx303 like this.
  18. britx303

Ok gotta laugh at myself……..my wife just said “duuuuuhhh, your buddy is from Bakersfield”…..and proceeded to chuckle at me. Hey, I didn’t know :crackup:

19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

britx303 likes this.
  20. britx303