1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bridgestones vo1 for novice

Discussion in 'Tech' started by IrieRacer, Sep 30, 2013.

1. IrieRacer

IrieRacer Member

Running Bridgestone slick vo1 and was wondering if it's a goo tire for novice or should I go with a good dot... Also I'm the only guy here in Jamaica running 180 rear others run 190. Track is about 1.6mile with 11 turns top speed only 120mph and average corner speed about 60mph track is pretty ruff with absolutely no run off. Am I on the right tires

2. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I would think you should likely be running what the other guys are running.... They cant all be wrong can they?

3. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Bah ^^^

Yes, the Bridgestone is a great tire. Do you have someone to bounce ideas and info about pressures/wear etc and work with you on chassis setup?

4. IrieRacer

IrieRacer Member

No it's like the blind leading the blind down here.. They swear by the 190 on the 600s but Stickboy racing tells me to stick with the 180

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Stickboy knows his Bridgestones, I would listen to him. Do you get Bridgestone contingency down there?

6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Where in Jamaica is the track? I'd love to check that out next time I'm down there!

7. IrieRacer

IrieRacer Member

no contingency at all down here.... @cpettit the track is on the north coast. whenever you are in Jamaica! just shoot me a message and we can go ride.

I also run enduro off-road tours around the island if you into that

8. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

There is a welder in a shop next to mine. He's from Jamaica and is a big motorcycle enthusiast. He was telling me about how enduros are huge there. Something about no sport bikes bigger than 600cc or something. He is preparing to ship a newer r6 there this winter when he heads back for a while.

9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Absolutely! Dirt bikes in Jamaica would be f@cking awesome! Is the north coast where the track is too? I have been to Montego Bay, Ocho Rios and Negril but not too much outside of those.

10. jd96

jd96 Well-Known Member

I was in negril and Montegobay in June. I had no idea there was even a track on the island, I probably would've went down to go see it

11. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

I am currently running the 190 Bridgestone V01s on a 600. I switched about a year ago due to a more favorable contingency program with the club I race with.

Great tires overall. The rears wear a bit quicker than I am used to, but they are very predictable as they start to let go. I have always used the medium rear.

You'll be fine with the V01 slick or a DOT. You can easily Google some basic pressure and setup info on the V01s, and then talk with guys at the track and go from there. Also, take a look at which tire vendors are regularly showing up to your races. If there isn't a B-Stone vendor there regularly, you might consider switching brands. Of course, this is assuming you don't have some other type of sponsorship obligation or something to B-Stone. Having a reliable source of info at the track helps tremendously. They can offer some basic setup advice, and they can also help you to make adjustments depending on variables at the track (e.g. weather, track temp, etc.)