1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bridgestone, dunlop, or pirelli

Discussion in 'Tech' started by stealth 52, Jun 3, 2008.

1. stealth 52

stealth 52 Yank

was wondering if anybody can give me some input on tire selection.
    prices, how they grip, wear, stability, contingency, and how hard it is to get your kick back for running there products. thanks people

2. lightningforce9

lightningforce9 RIP GaWarrior

Bridgestone is the best bang for the buck for Grip/Longevity/Feedback for the $. IMO

3. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

:stupid:

If Bridgestones were the most expensive tires in the paddock I'd still run them, because IMO they are that good. Luckily for me, they're also the least expensive. Try a set this weekend...you won't go back.

4. stealth 52

stealth 52 Yank

how long 4 bridgestone to give u your credits

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Win a race first. Worry about that later.

6. stealth 52

stealth 52 Yank

already did. just sick of wondering when or will i hear from pirelli. don't know what i didn't do. but didn't get anything yet. i like pirelli, don't get me wrong. i got a first and 2 seconds on the corsa 111's. your imput and others will help me make my choice. these will be my first race tires.
    i'm poor and need everything i can get. we are not team hobo for nothing. if i support there products, i want my cut. it's my first year racing and i don't know much about anything, so doin my best. thats why we got this awesome forum..

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

They are usually pretty snappy about it. I usually see mine in a 2 to 3 weeks after the round.

8. stealth 52

stealth 52 Yank

thanks people. keep the info coming. how about the dot's.

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I tried Bricks for the first time this last race weekend. I was pretty impressed. I used the "older" 002's but they kept pretty good grip for an entire GTU (Solo20) just kind sliding pretty predictably towards the end. I really think I could have gotten more out of them but I couldn't seem to get a handle on the tire pressures. Kept getting different hot off warmers, hot off track, dead cold, pressures from everyone. One thing that was hard to get used to was the supposed chattering feeling I was getting from the front on entry and then the rear on exit. Again I think it probably had to do with me not getting the pressures right. I was probably too low in all cases. One other thing about Bricks is that I had to soften the compression a little bit. The carcass felt stiffer to me as opposed to the Pirelliellis.

10. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I noticed the chattering too (immediately after switching from Pirelli to 'Stones), and increased the hot pressure in the front by 2 psi (up to 32). I think that the tire now slides more easily (like Pirelli) instead of sticking and chattering. The sidewalls are definitely stiffer than at least Pirelli, and if I had adjustable suspension I would adjust it. I only got two warm sessions on the tires, but I think that for the front, 32 off the track is my target. I am trying them in a race in 10 days, we'll see how they hold up.

11. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I never got 32 hot front from anyone. LOL Someone(Quentin) gave me 29f 27r cold. I went with that. I was originally using 29f/27r hot off the warmers at approx 160 degs. Bike didn't like that. Anyone (Stick) have the skinny on pressures? Sorry for the thread jack.:D :beer: :up:

12. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

michelin

I get four practice sessions and a 5 sprints from a front.
    practice and 3 sprints from a rear, could prob do 5 if I wanted too.

paid 2-3 days after event on cash card. good for cash.

13. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

30f/28-7r off the warmers is a good place to start. If you run 29f/27r cold you will end up with 36-28 coming off the track. They will start to slide after 4-5 laps and ruin your race. you want to keep them from going over around 32f/32r off the track. I check that each time I come in so I can adjust as the day goes on and the heat comes up.

If you get chatter, you can bump up the pressure to help cure it until you can get the suspension sorted. The 003's are designed to eliminate that.

14. Jordan

Jordan Well-Known Member

:stupid: yup read in RRW that the 003's fixed the front end chatter

15. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

16. Houston hb

Houston hb Well-Known Member

I always thought it was 33f and 30r hot off the track and from a cold start it was 28f and 25r cold ??:confused: :confused:

17. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

How do you adjust the pressure as the day goes on? Do you increase the pressure to compensate for higher ambient, or do you lower it for higher ambient?
    I was right? Sonuvagun. Now I just need me some adjustable suspension for the FZR to tune the chatter out. Anybody have any R6 forks to give me?

I am looking forward to getting some laps on these tires, so far they seem pretty good. Now I just need a reliable/accurate/affordable tire gauge.

18. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I check the pressures every time I come in off the track and make sure they stay at 32f/32r off the track.

19. gixxie750

gixxie750 Well-Known Member

I'm loving the bridgstones too! About to try the 003's for the first time at beaver run 6/20-21