1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brembo RCS 19 Lever Issues

Discussion in 'Tech' started by wheelz96, Jul 22, 2022.

1. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

Hey guys. I am using the RCS 19 and the lever adjuster is backing out during use. This causes lever travel to shorten while racing and getting too close to gloves losing braking ability.

I ended up taping the adjuster screw so it can't move but this takes away my ability to adjust if needed while on track. Anyone have this issue and know how to fix without locking screw in place?

2. MoeFaux

MoeFaux Knee Puck Enthusiast

Just a suggestion:
    pull the adjustor out, put a light, even coating of BLUE threadlock on it. Leave it out to dry for a day before reinstalling. Instead of an adhesive that locks the bolt to the female threads, you now just have a light gunk on the threads that adds friction to the system. You should still be able to adjust it by hand, even if it requires a bit more effort, but it may be enough to prevent the bugger from wiggling loose on you.

Alternatively, of course, you could try to reach out to Brembo directly (if you haven't already). I'd bet that you're vibrating loose because you've got a sloppy female thread in the MC body. See if you can get it replaced as a quality control issue?

3. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the response. I ended up doing this exact process... I used med strength loctite but havent had bike on track yet to see if it works.

I bought the MC used so didn't reach out to Brembo thinking they will just tell me I need to buy new and replace (very well could be the case).

4. MoeFaux

MoeFaux Knee Puck Enthusiast

Time for a field test. Brraaaaaaaaaap!