Brembo Master Install Question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by daboxe, Jul 13, 2007.

1. daboxe

daboxe Well-Known Member

I have a 06 Kawi 636 and bought a brembo master cylinder for it. Can I use the stock reservoir and just attach the hose from the stock res to the new brembo master cylinder. Or do I need to use a brembo reservoir?
    Just wondering if it makes any difference.
    Thanks.

2. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

Shouldn't be a difference (except for price)

Steel break lines as well right?

Just bleed, let bleed over night, bleed a little bit more to rock hard -if you like
    (use a mighty vac) and then you've got 1 to 2 finger brick wall
    stopping power -either on or off with no mush.

Oh, I like clear tubing myself -ensure those bubbles disappear.

Good item you bought, enjoy it.

3. daboxe

daboxe Well-Known Member

Yes, have the steel braided lines. I definitely look forward to trying her out with the new cylinder. Also have the vac pump, makes things a lot easier to bleed. Should be a great Friday night of working on the bike.

4. Yoyo

Yoyo Well-Known Member

The OEM hose and reservoir are 8mm, the brembo master is set up for 6mm tubing.
    We strongly suggest using the proper diameter tubing and a reservoir with a 6mm outlet.

5. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Yep, just figured that out this weekend. You most likely need smaller hose clamps too.

6. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

My gixxer had a larger hose as well - had to buy a section of smaller hose.

PS - you'll love the brembo! I just wish it was supersport legal.

7. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

Fred?

8. SMR123

SMR123 Well-Known Member

Since your M/S is new, I would do the following. Bleed the M/S, then the calipers as usual. The next morning re-bleed. Then when positioned in the trailer, wire tie the lever to the grip for travel. At the circuit, a quick re-bleed and you will have the best brake feel imaginable.

But the answer to your orginial question, I used the stock Suzuki reservoir, and found clear tubing at the hardware to fit both ends. It does sweat fluid however.

9. daboxe

daboxe Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone, hooked up the brembo reservoir, definitely need smaller hose clamps as the stock ones don't work with the smaller tubing. Has anyone tried zip tying or safety wiring the hose to the master cylinder and reservoir, wondering if I need to use the hose clamps.

10. Kneedragon28

Kneedragon28 Active Member

Safety wire works just fine.

11. ducdone

ducdone Well-Known Member

You will love it until it blows a seal and you cant rebuild it!

12. SalKhan

SalKhan Well-Known Member

Weird... My reservoir tubing seemed to fit on my 06 ZX10R? I better double check it next chance I get.

Bleeding is definitely the key though. I didn't bleed mine enough and they got a wee-bit spongy halfway through the day at VIR this past Monday.

Using decent fluid helps too. I don't think you have to use Castrol SRF or anything, but I seemed to have good luck with the high'ish end Motul stuff.

What kind of pads ya got?

13. daboxe

daboxe Well-Known Member

I got the Veshrah pads. Not the super expensive ones, let's see how it goes, I look forward to trying out the new setup.