1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BOOM! Ex-Seals and CIA Agents Unite to Stop Military Secrets From Leaking by Politico

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by eric hunter, Aug 15, 2012.

1. They are mad as hell and ain't gonna take it no more! Thinly disguised as an educational video for politicians and citizens on the super importance of military secrets remaining just that, secret, these people are slapping the Congress and the White House in the face face and saying "shut up or you'll get us killed!" "Loose lips sink ships for 2012.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/new...of-the-intel-community-uniting-to-stop-leaks/

About frickin' time...:up:

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Right before the election. Not political at all lmao.

3. earacing

earacing Race Dad

Doesn't make the point any less valid.

I watched the whole thing and they seem pretty sincere.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  4. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

how is the opinion of a retired Seal more valid than that of the people that chose to tell us Bin Laden was killed? i dont doubt that there are leaks, but to accuse someone (the Commander in Chief) of purposefully increasing the dangers for our military personel is beyond disrespectful.

5. earacing

earacing Race Dad

I guess you only watched the trailer.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The office is due respect. The occupant has to earn it. Some do better than others and I suppose seeing disrespect is, in many ways, relative to your position in the political spectrum.

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

So you feel that being the holder of a political office should put you in a position where you are above being accused of wrong-doing?

What country have you been living in?

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well then, maybe he or his people (he knows who is doing it) should stop leaking the information for political gain. The Bin Laden news was always going to come out, the drone strikes to kill dozens of other (including an American citizen) would not if someone didn't leak it.

Nice distractions from his failed economic plans and total mismanagement.

10. stangmx13

valid

no, i dont. its actually the accusation and who is making the accusation that bothers me, not the fact that the office is being accused.

another accusation without proof

11. earacing

earacing Race Dad

Like I said, you must not have watched the full video. Most of the stuff they are saying should have been kept secret was released in press conferences.

Obama himself is disrespecting the office.

12. stangmx13

how does this relate to my response that Dave K saying "he knows who is doing it" is just an accusation (by Dave K, it seems)?

is there proof that releasing facts about Bin Laden's death led to the injury or deaths of our troops? if so, then the video's argument must be pretty solid.

havent even watched the trailer, just reading too many articles about this already.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bullshit, there are a handful of people who have access to the levels of information that is being leaked, all work directly with Obama. If he doesn't know, he's the biggest idiot in Washington and it's criminal.

His not stopping it because it serves him well.

14. earacing

earacing Race Dad

It doesn't; I misread that.

Regardless, your statement that accusing the CIC "of purposefully increasing the dangers for our military personel is beyond disrespectful" makes you sound like you did not watch the video. Because he did. If you watched the entire thing and still feel that way, then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you can present some equally qualified folks that are saying the information released by Obama and his staff was not political and did not endanger personnel or operations. I doubt it.

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

At least one person who worked for us in an intelligence role was arrested and sentenced to 33 years in a Pakistan prison.
    As far as other troops or families being harmed, its possible and it may yet happen. There are good reasons why the methods and means of gathering intelligence are kept secret.

16. stangmx13

well u got me there. i do agree that the info released was political, just not sure it was a bad idea. im sure, following this video's release, that plenty of other people that know more about this than we do will present their arguments soon enough.

17. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

I am afraid there is going to be a lot more that comes out showing the administration was complicit in releasing sensitive information.

18. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

People in power leaking information for political gain! Fucking BOMBSHELL !!!

Wow, who knew?!? I'm certain this has never happened before... Or again by any other CIC or their staff.

Every time I see that fucker stroll down "I-Killed-Bin-Laden Lane," to address the nation I have the urge to yell, "Shut your face fool"

That bitch just don't pay no attention.:(

19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

no, i think he pays attention...he pays attention to who it is that isn't on his page, if you get my drift.

20. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member