1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bombshell: Suzuki to Field a Factory Supported Team in WSBK in 2019?

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jun 4, 2018.

1. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

ShadowBoxer and Steeltoe like this.
  2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Bradley Ray is a phenom.

Suzuki could have been there this year. Except the guy putting it together had some personal um, legal challenges.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Whose slots would they be taking over?

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Is WSBK "full"?

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh, damn. We talking about WSBK? The mofo said "bombshell!" That's false advertising. :D

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

With Suzuki kicking in (a reported) € 500,000 Suzuki got off cheap.

Not they just need to find another €6M to € 9M to do it right.

7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

So now we know why they couldn't afford Lorenzo, and had to sign Mir for cheaper.

8. The Great One

I'm not convinced that Suzuki even spends that in MotoGP; cut them some slack here :D

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

€500K wouldn't pay for Whore-gays airline tickets for a year.

track wagon and rcarson15 like this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Looks like I'm not the only one thinking this was a real bombshell about MotoGP. :D

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Vds implosion killed all my hopes for that for at least another year. Plus, I read the article earlier. :D

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So you really think they need €9 million to race superbikes? Your CFO must be terrified of you. :D

Dan Dubeau likes this.
  13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Maybe not 9M, but half a mil seems very little to me to call a team "Factory supported" at that level. At that price, the team owner should have told Suzuki he would just leave the brand stickers on the gas tank lol

14. The Great One

This is in addition to Yoshimura backing. To me, it seems like they're kicking this money in to subsidize some of the overhead for Hawk Racing, not just tossing them half a million and calling them a factory team.

As the article says, Hawk is one of four Factory Superbike teams for Suzuki worldwide. Judging by the successes they've had with those four teams, Suzuki actually takes those somewhat seriously.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Just going off what I "heard" Kawasaki was reported to be spending. Salaries, travel, hospitality, bikes, parts, trucks and all that shit.

No idea on how true some of the numbers thrown around but that wouldn't pay honda's bills for 1/3rd of a motogp season.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

As long as it goes better than the last WSBK effort for Suzuki.

ShadowBoxer and stk0308 like this.
  17. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I remember that debacle too. It was "Yoshimura supported" too.

I guess Hawk racing has a lot more time on their hands now that Michael Dunlop left them in a lurch for Tyco BMW.

18. :stupid:

$500k isn’t even a good budget for starting a MotoAmerica team. Spies wanted something like $3mil secured before things even got started.

Even just a minor crash, can cost $25-$50k to repair. $500k won’t go far at all.

Hopefully they have some good additional sponsors.

19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Don't forget the team dinners with mandatory hookers and blow.

Gorilla George likes this.
  20. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

How much does each recall cost?

Gorilla George and omatter34 like this.