1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bombshell: Possible WERA rule change.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Nov 12, 2018.

1. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Man the beebs are harsh. Let these guys play weekend warrior. I think I made cardboard number plates with magic markers for my BMX bike when I was 9 or 10. Sometimes it's just fun.

3. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Change? I thought this had always been a rule?

jrsamples and t11ravis like this.
  4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Why wouldn't it be allowed and why isn't it currently? :confused:

5. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

This is fantastic...been thinking about this for the back of my suit:
    [​IMG]

dobr24 likes this.
  6. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

There's a good argument about giving away free advertising space but that's in racing. Don't see Monster or Red Bull advertising in track days

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

but did you send your bmx off a table top or did you just keep it polished in your garage? :)

Phl218 likes this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

It’s to keep the cost down.

:D

TurboBlew likes this.
  9. TurboBlew

Because only select Goon squad members Can Look Pro but Go Slow...lol

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

And you have to perfect the leg dangle first

TurboBlew likes this.
  11. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Who cares? It's like the guys I see riding the expensive road bikes decked out like it's a leg of the tour de France. Remember the old Repsol, Camel, and Telefonica factory bodywork? Is everybody who bought one and didn't race against Rossi just a poser then? Let people do what makes them happy, go win a trackday, and tell everyone back at the office how they dragged an elbow at 200mph.

Gino230 and busa99 like this.
  12. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

If I see a guy with Steeltoe on his leathers my first reaction will be to gesticulate to him that his bike is leaking, then push his killswitch while he is checking his bike.......on the back straight.

MikeR, badmoon692008, SpeedyE and 2 others like this.
  13. TurboBlew

not sure I understand?? I just asked if you used your BMX bike to actually BMX or did you just look at it in your garage?
    I grew up with kids that had a BMX bike but never rode it but sure liked showing it off when they opened the garage.
    They did the same thing with every hobby phase after that. Dirt bikes, streetbikes, expensive sports cars, boats ...

14. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I’m currently teaching B to dangle on the Grom.
    Can’t wait until he breaks that out next season.

SpeedyE, TurboBlew and Phl218 like this.
  15. Phl218

Phl218 .

Leg dangle on the dirt bike got me laying flat since 3 weeks. Surgery in 1 week. Yay.

Granted, i have no jersey with my name on it.

That kid deserves the dangle, plus his name on the leathers !

t11ravis likes this.
  16. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Dude, his corner entry is going to be rock solid!

t11ravis, TurboBlew and Phl218 like this.
  17. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Oh sorry I thought that was sarcasm. Nah I didn't do any actual BMX stuff. I just had my cheapo kmart bike and rode thousands of miles around the city. But in my mind I was a combination Evel Knieval/Agostini. Hell even racing now I put the visor down like it's the USGP every time when the reality is I'm just trying not to get lapped. A legend in my own mind.

evakat and TurboBlew like this.
  18. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

I suppose a fast racer with a common last name might not enjoy having a newbie with the same last name going around making rookie mistakes and making him/her look bad. :)
    "Hey, some guy with Johnson on the back of his leathers just ran me off track!" kind of thing...
    It is kind of nice to have it restricted, a badge of honor for expert racers... personally I like the rule.

19. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

Ducati Revs ??

20. TurboBlew

you should have him premiere it for @slimjim00 hehe :D

Phl218 likes this.