1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BOLO GSX-R 750, Smyrna GA

Discussion in 'General' started by RobeyRacer, Apr 1, 2005.

1. RobeyRacer

RobeyRacer Well-Known Member

You always say "it won't happen to me" until it does.

My mom just called. Paige and I keep the RV and trailer at her house in Smyrna. We still haven't unloaded it since last weekend. Last night she said she heard someone out in the yard and just thought it was us getting something. This morning on the way out to work she found the ramp / door of our trailer leaning up against the side of the house. The pins had been pulled from the hinge.

Needless to say but my racebike, stands, 5 gallons of fuel, and spares box are gone. Hey at least they left my tools and the satellite dish!

From back when I was a cop I know that these things are usually never found but it makes me feel better simply telling y'all about it.

Here's the ad from when I orginally bought it (drove all the way to Pensacola to get it too!):
    http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71888

It has a good description of it but like I said I've already resigned myself to the reality that it's in little parts now.

PS: BOLO means Be On the Look Out. Cops don't say APB anymore.

2. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

My heart hurts. :(

3. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

I hate to hear that guys...:(

4. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

If you say April Fools at the end of the day I'm gonna stab you in the eye with a pen. I hate when bad things happen to good people.:(

5. RobeyRacer

Unless Huey and Mongo came over and got it as part of some elaborate joke on me then nope.

But if it does turn up in either of their garages then we'll both go over to their houses and stab them with pens.

Worse part: because of my knee I didn't even get to ride it that much the last few weekends.

6. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

That sux but if it makes you feel any better I crashed a Ferrari last night. I can add that to crashing a Prowler 2 years ago:rolleyes:

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hell I don't even know where your house is much less your Mom's in Smyrna.

Sorry dude, btdt and remember the feelings of it being gone all too well. If you find them let me know, I'm in for whatever happens following that.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The 360?!:eek: Lies, I say. :D

Michael, sorry about the bike. :(

9. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

Holy Crap!

F'n theives. :mad:

If the crooks show up in Texas they have 10mm to deal with...lets hope this turns out as well as it did and we find your theives at a local bike shop face down in cuffs.

F'n theives. :mad:

10. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

11. 34D

34D Banned

Just so you know, I followed the link and saw the description but you cannot look at the pics unless you are a member and log in.

Sorry about the theft, I've been there.:(

12. RobeyRacer

OK after being on the phone with my mom's homeowners (no luck), my auto policy (because the trailer was still hooked to the RV - no luck), and Smyrna PD, no wait Cobb PD, I mean Smyrna PD, "maybe you should call Cobb PD, is your mother's house inside the city limits", "Your address is in Woodstock you need to call their police to file a report" (it was stolen from my mom's house in Smyrna)...

Anyway after all that I fail to see the humour in that ad.

A: Huey, Mongo, any one actually have my bike and stuff the authorities have been contacted and I'll hate to have to give them your name when they come to me for filing a false report.

B: If that's one of you with that ad it's in poor taste.

C: Sean or Dave K will you please look at that user and or search the IP for me please.

D: Always write down your VIN numbers. This was a new bike to me and I hadn't done that yet and it's not on the bill of sale I have. I have to wait till I get home and look at the MSO before I can even fill out the police report!

13. RobeyRacer

Thanks.

See if this works.
    [​IMG]

14. RobeyRacer

Sean, please call me immediately!
    I just looked at the times, that ad was actually posted before mine!!!!

Beth, Kieth has that seller contacted you?

15. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

I think Huey has used up all of his jokes, he emailed me this morning asking if I wanted to buy his 69 cb750. By the time I figured out how to paypal my wife with a credit card, get the cash and get the bike he IM'd me with a big fat "April Fool"

I hate Huey. :mad:

Not that this helps you...but maybe you can at least smile inbetween bouts of being pissed off.

Have Paige IM me if you guys want me to post flyers at local bike shops.

16. dougrose

dougrose Well-Known Member

your mom's home owners should cover the loss. double check that and if the bike was in the trailer and you have theft on the rv. then the trailer should link as a rider on the policy.

17. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Mine usually either were more on the funny / unbelievable genera or were kind of played on myself (the quiting one).

If there's any help you need in the "Marsellus Wallace" area just give me a call.

18. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

I would nevah joke about a 69 CB750!

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Homeowners won't cover anything with a VIN but you should get some back for tools and spares. Not that it's much help.

20. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Mongo, did you check the IP address of the ad post? :confused: