BMW pulling out of WSB *BOOM*

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Jul 24, 2013.

1. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Two things I'd buy tomorrow if they made it , a BMW S600/750rr or an Aprilia RSV4 600/750

2. Me too, as a race bike. I would purchase one, and have the dealership never install the OEM plastics, just immediately put them on eBay so i wouldnt have to see them. :crackup:

Morons. I wonder what asstard originally though that shit was a good idea.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

DaveK or HPPT, next time you want to mess with Broome, just take a picture of the front headlights on the BMW and make it his Avatar.:D

4. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

[​IMG]

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A name change is easy, that is harder. Might take 10 or 15 minutes and that's way past my attention span.

So, I could but won't. :D

6. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

I remember meeting Chris in 2006 at Jennings. Back when he was a pod ballin' roid freak. :crackup: Actually he was calm that day. I was the roid freak!:crackup:

7. Couldn't have been 2006, my first TD was in 2007. As far as the other part, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. :D

I am usually always calm at the track. That is my happy place. After all of these months away, I am just looking forward to getting back in the paddock, seeing all my friends, and just getting back in the atmosphere. I miss the riding for sure. But after being away for a while, I realized how much I miss the environment as a whole.

Assuming there are no unforeseen setbacks, I will be at Road Atlanta with the Speed Academy/STT in less than 3 weeks. I couldn't be more pumped. Swenson is painting the Ape bodywork right now. I don't know how the riding will go, and if i will be able to handle the hard braking, but there is only one way to find out. But even if I can't, I will be glad just to be there.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  8. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

I am a much softer, sweeter and sensitive Mossad dude now!:up:

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I might be going to that.:)

10. [​IMG]

11. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Good on ya mate, we are a long time dead

12. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Must have been '08. You were there with Jesee.

13. Ahhh yeah, that was '08. :up:

14. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Hey can you hook me up w/a speed academy discount next year? broke, over 60, retired Army, friend of Mongo, a team Yo! original member, nice guy, good lookin', pretty wife, know some famous people!

15. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

If you truly believe this then you are missing a large aspect of sports.

Why did he use too much brake? You can't look at only the one action the directly and physically makes you crash. You have look at everything. For example your crash. Did you figure out yet why it happened? It was because of your prep. Not that the throttle stayed open.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Now, was it really necessary to get him all wound up again?

17. 418

418 Expert #59

:stupid::D

18. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Bingo! give that man the Kewpie doll!

BMW Motorrad's top US guy in charge of the racing $$ faucet told me to my face last year; (paraphrasing, I don't recall his exact words) "We have 17 widely different models to sell, and the S1000RR is selling itself extremely well. It makes no sense for us to use our promotional funds to push a model that we are already selling successfully."

While I understand that idea, it still sucks that they are walking away from a very useful research and development tool. If anything, I think that they should more closely align the engineers and factory support teams with the WSBK teams and funnel the knowledge back to the drawing board. Since they are already working on designs that are five to seven years down the road, I wonder if the S1000RR is already a rearview mirror thing for their development people.

Actually, they should spend all their money on learning how to not f*&k their customers and not leave them feeling thoroughly f*&ked. It is amazing to see how many people spend twenty thousand dollars and more on a BMW and six months later they feel like they got raped in the hiney chute. I could go on and on about the $$$ that I have sunk into the S1000RR and the total and complete lack of product support from BMW. There is a fatal disconnect in their chain of product and information flow, because every person working in the BMW Motorrad system wants to avoid drawing attention to themselves until they can get out and move over into the BMW car division.

19. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

BMW is totally stuck in the racing-is-for-marketing cycle. They honestly have no interest in learning something about engineering from racing.

Given that, it's not a bad idea for them to pull out of racing.

20. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I still don't think he has come to terms with his extreme act of panic braking.

AFAIK, he is going with the "throttle stuck" theory.