1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BLM bullys

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by RazzelldazelS, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

My interest in this case has been piqued since the pro-slavery folks started rallying around Bundy.

Here is the July 9, 2013 decision and order of US District Court Judge Lloyd D. George. Bundy was hammered, politely, by Judge George who seemed to believe that none of Buny's legal arguments made sense.

http://www.thewildlifenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Order-US-v.-Bundy-7-9-13.pdf

Bottom line: Bundy was a long time trespasser; the US government received an injunction against Bundy and was allowed to seize Bundy's cattle that were trespassing over a wide swath of protected land if they continued to be in violation of Judge George's after 45 days.

By the way, Judge George was appointed to the US District Court by that Ronald Reagan.

2. Shyster d'Oil

:crackup:

I love you Acree. I don't care how few teeth you have. :D

3. ductune

ductune Well-Known Member

I know these questions were for someone else but your last two posts highlight one reason why racism is so hard to overcome.

You imply motive doesn't matter but it's not all about crime and punishment. How can a free society that honors all races exist if motive doesn't matter?

4. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

.....but.....but.....what about all that cool-sounding, "stickin' it to the man" rhetoric? Doesn't that change everything?

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think it safe to say the dead person really doesn't care what the motivation was.

Do you think the statute is evenly applied?

6. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

Dammit, Acree! We're back to talking shit about the feds. Keep up.

7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Has a minority ever been charged with a hate crime against whitey?

I'm under the impression that in order to kill someone you already have hate in your heart, which is why I find a "hate crime" stupid. IMO it was brought about to try to appease the minority base.

8. ductune

Yes minorities have been charged with hate crime.

What about accidental killings? Sometimes shit happens.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yes, minorities have been charged with hate crimes. I found one that was the result of the "knockout game". I'm sure there are others.

The hate crime designation is not supposed to be just for killing. There are asaults and property crimes perpetrated against others simply because of who they are. Those are, I think, supposed to be covered as well.

Let's change the analogy. If you egg someone's house as a prank and someone elses house because they are gay, are the crimes equal?

10. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

"Protected", I have always found that to be code for: Ours Not Yours...Usually, Closed off, then Sold Off

How many other ranchers who were using that land moved their cattle..?? Why, because the BLM said to...Why? to Protect a Tortoise, Why?

Regan???, a fucking professional actor...are you serious??...like he was a God and his appointments were "Special"...
    it is still the: Government, Politicians...Rulers..The Chosen Few..you know them...I am sure of it, and you know that most of the time when the G goes to court They win, usually because the P can't afford to stick it out..with the deck stacked against them.

An OLD article, But some good lite reading on the "Subject" BEFORE all the Media Hype (November 26, 2012)

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/nevada-and-west/blm-mum-about-grazing-beef

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  11. ductune

Yes they are equal crimes but one purpose of law is to deter. Isn't that the reason for hate crime legislation, to help deter crimes motivated by hate by increasing penalties?
    As I asked before, how can a free society that honors all races exist if motive doesn't matter?

12. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Read this 50+ pages, if you can stand the Odorous BS...THIS IS WHY WE ARE FUCKED.

Interesting the "Detail that is provided".."Damage to the "Environment & Natural Culture"

https://www.metabunk.org/attachments/20-pdf.6893/

"Cattle Tracks, Feces, Urine and other "Damage associated with Cattle" to the Enviroment".

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I don't think that hate crime legislation deters any more than the death penalty deters murder.

I disagree with the concept of honoring all races. Respect, yes. Accept, yes. Race is an attribute, not something to honor. Besides, hate crime legislation is not all about race.

14. ductune

It would be difficult to measure. Too many variables but agree hate crime legislation may not be helping much but if it drives discussion it helps to foster better understanding of the issue. That's a good thing.
    As for murder laws, I truly believe some people are alive today because someone reconsidered the consequences.

Honor, respect, depending on context.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I don't think legislation fosters understanding. Discussion and communication, yes. Legislation entrenches positions.

Murder is, most often a crime of passion without regard to the consequences.

Race, or any other physical attribute is not cause for honor, or dishonor. Period. It is simply a characteristic. To make it any more than that perpetuates racism.

16. 600 dbl are

The key word is accidental, as there was no intention of killing someone.

17. 600 dbl are

In my opinion yes (which doesn't mean jack).

My house gets egged one night. My neighbor Big Gay Al gets egged the following week. Kids are caught and they give the additional charge of a hate crime against Big Gay Al. As a society we are placing more value on the extent of damages to Big Gay Al simply because he is gay. How is that getting equal treatment, which is what the gay and lesbian community wants?

I can't see a racist person thinking "I was going to kick that blacks guys ass but since I will get extra charges tacked on I'm not going to do it".

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

"His view of what reality was/is"? Really? Whose reality? I don't know any black person who thinks they would be happier as a slave. And I've met a few. Nevermind. We already had all the discussions we are ever going to have about black people a few years ago.

Some think training might accomplish something. I'm in favor of just waiting a decade or two. Things will work themselves out. :D

Less guilty? You came up with that on your own. I don't know if it's the general idea, but it's not mine. What I said was that I don't care at all if they find the reason for the extra punishment for a murderer.

And has I already said several times, if you don't commit the murder, they cannot punish you for not liking black people.

19. Shyster d'Oil

Under your facts there would be no basis for a hate crime charge.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Serious question counselor...how difficult is it to prove hate as intent? Does it have to be hate, or will they convict if it is simply a mild dislike or temporarily peeved?