1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackhawk Farms - Anybody going?

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by some guy #2, May 22, 2012.

1. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

^I've only done TD's at BHF so will there be cones along the blend line going into T1?

Is camping free or is that another charge?

Are there showers and where are they if you have them?

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Its been a few years since I have been to BHF, but don't remember if they put cones out on the blend line, but showers are pretty new/nice (ala Kohler) a few years back.

Camping has always been free and I don't think that has changed.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Normally for racing we go with less cones unless it's absolutely necessary. Riders coming out of the pits during a race know they're going onto a race line and unless things have changed the riders on track will have a long time to see them slower bike. Anyone diving hard to one side of the track or another will be punished as needed for being an idiot just like anywhere on the track :D

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I didn't think you were a "Cone lovin SOB":D

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not so much :D

Might put them out for practice and pull them for racing. Figure I'll worry about details like that until we get there and talk to people who have raced it recently and see what they think.

6. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

For CCS races we dont have cones on the blend line.

7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

:Pop:

8. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Hey Mongo how are the grid sizes looking?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No way to tell yet. Not as many people up that way use pre entry.

10. truckstop

truckstop Well-Known Member

The cones will probably be out on Friday for the trackday/practice group like they always are.

For race practice and the races, they're usually removed, and it's stressed in the rider's meetings that when entering the track, you stay all the way to the right until you go through T1. Something else they'll hopefully tell you is that when EXITING the track you also need to stay to the right going through T7. Going to the outside on the left on exit, and then cutting over to the right to pit in is super dangerous.

11. DirtNap

DirtNap used, but not used up.

I'm going to by the weekend deal.
    I know at least 2 other locals coming to play.

I'm going to need some help getting signed up. Will registration be open Friday eve?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not Friday sorry, all the officials will still be traveling. We'll open up at 7am Saturday - no clue where but I guess we'll figure that out when we get there tomorrow night :D

13. Team Serpent

Team Serpent Jason Temme #86 WERA Lifetime Member

see you all soon!

14. design-engine

design-engine design-engine

15. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

We were told registration would be in the base of the tower, by a track official. Today's practice was very fun.

16. DirtNap

DirtNap used, but not used up.

Thanks for a great weekend.

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.

17. Team Serpent

Team Serpent Jason Temme #86 WERA Lifetime Member

Great seeing everyone, thanks for a great weekend!

18. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

Great weekend. Great weather. Great racing.

Good to see WERA at Blackhawk!!!

On another note. Does anybody know the contact info for the photographer taking pics?

19. truckstop

truckstop Well-Known Member

I wasn't there, but if they didn't go to the vintage event, I'm guessing it was www.gron4.com - they do great work and will have pics up in a couple days.

20. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Great weekend. Nice facilities, nice people, track management seemed extremely helpful and wanting us there racing at their place. We had a great time.

:beer: