1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Thanks!

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by GrantMLS, Jun 2, 2002.

1. GrantMLS

GrantMLS Well-Known Member

Just wanted to thank everyone at puttnam for the great time! Got through my first race with litttle - well with hardly.. well I finished in the end! :D The corner workers, officeals, racers, everyone thank you!

Big thanks to Matt and Dick with quickbikes for helping me get my problems sorted and advice and so on - would of never made it there..

huge thanks to Wera33 for coming to the resuce when my jeep went south on the way back - going out of his way to pick me up! I owe you dude! ain;t nothing like have racing friends :)

now whens the next race?? :)

2. evilhordewannabe

evilhordewannabe Well-Known Member

Great job Grant

Welcome to the club. You are definately doing it right. Listen and learn from the guys you mentioned, and you can avoid a lot of those "beginner" mistakes. I've found that the guys that know the most are usually some of the nicest, and most willing to help us new guys. And although Scott Mc Cain will never beat me on his Kawi again, he is one of the good guys....;) Good Luck with the RD.

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

If you raced at Putnam Saturday afternoon, how in the heck were you able to post on the BBS that night? The ride from IN to Roswell is a pretty long one ... :)

4. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Maybe he hit one of those e-cafe places at an airport. I've done one fly-in race at Hallett, 2000. Thanks to Jerry Herman for hauling my bike. Damn, I felt like a GP star being able to take a rental car to meet my bike at the track. It's a memory I'll always treasure as a wanna-be-fast-guy. ;)

5. GrantMLS

My truck broke down in Indy and I am stuck in a hotel till they fix it and had my laptop with me.. ;)

6. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Grant,

Where did you break down? I live just a little north of you off GA400 and could've given you a lift or something.

-Jens

7. GrantMLS

broke down on hwy 31N at 465.. I got speed here and was able to see the ISle of mann! :D

8. VINTAGE777

VINTAGE777 Guest

Welcome to the club,gotta give you credit you fought with your bike all weekend,but stayed with it and were able to get it going,everytime i looked over there you were fixing some minor problem,i wanted to help,but if it doesn't have a cam and some valves i can't figure out whatz going on...Hope to see ya at kershaw:cool:

9. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Hey Eric,

When did you get back and how's the bike? Not too bad I hope.

10. VINTAGE777

VINTAGE777 Guest

Got back around 10 this morning,The bikes not too bad,bent clip on,broken throttle cable,right rearset pointing in the wrong direction,lotsa dried mud to clean off.....will be ready for kershaw,if can snag a ride to track(i know what your thinking,but havent had time to work on truck):confused:

11. GrantMLS

Well without a cam and all those other moving parts is what makes the 2 strokes so reliable....hmmmm... dammit they sound good! :D Looks like I'll be a kershaw..

12. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

I think the belly of the whale has some room for you, your bike and assorted possessions (that's "assorted", not "sordid" :) ). Probably won't be able to leave until 4:00p.m. Friday but I can swing by with the van. I figure I'll get to your place around 6:00 (Atlanta gridlock) and we might get to Kershaw ~11:00-11:30.

13. VINTAGE777

VINTAGE777 Guest

Thanx,dude..Hopefully can find an alternative,so you dont have to come way out here,but if cant a ride would be most appreciated,you da man:cool:

14. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Yea... that was confirmed the last time I used the urinal. :D