1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Shunt at Willow in the WERA Race Group Today

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Gerry Gentry, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Gerry Gentry

Gerry Gentry Well-Known Member

Hey Mongo,
    Great advice and noted. Are you available for a call today. If so, how can I reach you?

Regards,

2. Fuzzy Moto

Fuzzy Moto Well-Known Member

#25 crashed into me. I wasn’t simply brushed to the side. Don’t minimize the crash. People got hurt and surgery was required. It is what it is.

Regarding money involved. I can guarantee this is something that will upset a lot of people. The night before I installed a new custom Ohlins SU 503 shock. The night before that I spent nearly $1,000 with Lenny Albin on my forks. My lap timer is somewhere in the infield, which is another $500, I had just put on new slicks and, I pre paid for my entire weekend, and I had an airbag deployment. That’s just off the top of my head. I’m sure everyone here understands the financial loss.

I have not once implied that I will go after #25 for damages and I won’t. He didn’t mean to take me out and I know that.

It’s a big crash. It sucks. There isn’t much you can do about it.

2WTD will tell you that you signed a waiver. Their site states that only licensed racers are permitted in the Racer group. However, not all the riders were licensed racers. I don’t think you will gain any traction with 2WTD regarding this.

Do I think some people were in over head? Yes. In fact a couple people visited with me stating they felt overwhelmed by being in the Racer group. I suggested they stay in the A group until they were more comfortable.

The incident sucks. I get it. It broke bikes and riders.

2WTD is well aware of the crash. They may call you - I wouldn’t count on it though.

WERA has always been responsive for me. It wasn’t a WERA day though. They may provide you with contact info and they may not.

I’ve heard about the BMW but I haven’t ID’d one from the practice day in that session. I know people who race them however, they weren’t there that day and they did race both Saturday and Sunday so it wasn’t them.

Always happy to help out. You guys have my number. Feel free to reach out at any time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  3. Gerry Gentry

Hey Mongo,
    Left my contact info for you with someone in your front office. I tried to send you a PM but the system won't allow me to start a conversation with you.

If you could, please call at you earliest convenience. I have an ask of you.

Regards,
    Gerry

4. Gerry Gentry

Update!
    Sergio from 2WTD called me to day. Like most of us they're just busy and finally got back into the office and picked up messages. Anyway, they are working with me to help sort out what happened so our team can do a lessons learned and move on to better days.

Thanks Sergio!

Regards,
    Gerry

5. Fuzzy Moto

[​IMG]

6. Gerry Gentry

Wow!. I almost puked! Sorry you're having to live through that. Or rider finds out Wednesday if he has to go under the knife for his shoulder but I can't imagine it will be anything that severe. It will be for soft tissue if at all.

Regards,

7. Fuzzy Moto

[​IMG]

8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Damn dude - heal up.

Fuzzy Moto likes this.
  9. Jaycee Sterling

Jaycee Sterling Motorcycle Upholstery

You are welcome, my wife and I and Martin loaded your trailer and hooked it up for your lady. I am sure you would have done the same for anyone else. Looking forward to Buttonwillow.

10. Fuzzy Moto

Thank you. It is very much appreciated.

11. PeaPod

PeaPod Well-Known Member

At first glance I thought this was a pic of someone's dinner, forks and knives and such, lol.

Seriously though, sucks to see. Not a picture I ever hope to have in my phone.

12. Fuzzy Moto

It was not ideal.

My surgeon is very proud of his work. I’m sure he shows his wife and kids this stuff over dinner lol.

13. Fuzzy Moto

Update:

Some time later...I have had my last procedure - hopefully.

I was not reassembled in time for the last round; I will be back at it next year.

Wear a quality well fitting helmet so that you remain conscious and remember each and every change of orientation.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what kind of lid were you wearing?

15. Fuzzy Moto

Shark Race-R Pro Carbon.

I'll put some pics up of it in a few.

TurboBlew likes this.
  16. Fuzzy Moto

Before:

Attached Files:

17. Fuzzy Moto

After:

Attached Files:

18. Fuzzy Moto

Replacement:

Attached Files:

19. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

That’ll buff right out.

20. Fuzzy Moto

I had just pulled that helmet out of it's box and tried it on that morning - it was worn during the session prior to being hit. It is now a mantle piece.

TurboBlew and SuddenBraking like this.