Big Bore Bandit done, some fueling issues

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Scotty87, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

2. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Fuckin photobucket is a dumpster fire, otherwise i'd post mine.

That bike is gorgeous though, saw that on Exif the other day. Sooo nicely done.

Brad likes this.
  3. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Post up if you can, I need inspiration to get my "project" rolling! My good Bandit is butter, the other one needs some things. Should be fun when ridable though.

The whole reason I bought the first one was one of these World Endurance tribute bikes.

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I think popping on decel is more of a pilot issue than the main/needle. I've seen it alot on carbed bikes and atv's being to lean from the factory, backing out the mixture screw helps alot. On decel you're not on the main at all. Try going up a size on the pilot.

5. Scotty87

Yeah I know that’s normally my experience. The pilots haven’t changed though and were fine before. I’m gonna go back to 3-1/2 out on the fuel screws.

6. Scotty87

For some reason photobucket keeps saying ‘processing video’ instead of the photos showing up. Don’t know what the deal is.

7. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

I had to go up a size on the pilots on my 99 B12 with oval K&Ns and a Yosh exhaust.

8. Scotty87

I'm up to 35's from 32.5's.

Do you happen to remember what you ran?

9. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

I want to say I am at 35s as well. It is still a bit cold blooded, but runs fine warmed up.

10. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Popping on decel is normally lean pilots(or an exhaust leak near the collector) , your fuel screws being out so far also suggests this.

I’ve seen photos of this bike it is nice, good luck.