1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Better Than the Transit Connect

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 6, 2015.

1. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

we have a 7.3 e350 superdiesel and it rules, but I have thought about downsizing some day

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Is the armrest touching the dash LOL..

Our ASTRO is still going.. sold it to some Mexican guys that use it for their roofing company. Still going strong! They even left the Blue/Green WERA 25 year stickers on them

3. dakh

dakh Well-Known Member

They're awesome no question about that! A bit (ok a lot) scary out of warranty compared to good old Chevy and Ford vans that anyone can fix for not much $.

Ford Transit can be had in a version that is just under 7'. They look kinda funny, like they've been designed taller and then got chopped down to fit.

Specs on the Metris is kinda ridiculous. Cargo version can haul 2.5K lbs inside plus 5k lbs trailer. That's crazy. All for $30k, and with C-class interior. Even crazier. For someone who doesn't give a shit about DVD screens and all that other BS they're putting everywhere now, practically a gift.

4. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Heck no, you don't even have to slide the seat forward. :D

About to turn 200k on mine. It's the worst driving thing in the world and that damned wheel hump drives me crazy but I love it, can't help myself. It's a swiss army knife of a vehicle.

5. bruceiam

bruceiam Well-Known Member

I tried them both and ended up with the Promaster diesel. Due to the front wheel drive there's no drive train running down the middle of the van so the floor is 4.5 inches lower. Fiats been building them overseas for ever so the kinks are pretty well worked out. The metal does seem thinner than the Ford and the transmission on the diesel takes some getting used to.

6. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

Rear wheel drive is where it's at!

[​IMG]

7. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

FWD FTW, Go humpless...

Attached Files: