1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Sitcom Ever?

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Jul 1, 2023.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

The older sitcoms just seem funnier than anything in the past decade or so....Cheers, Andy Griffith, All in the Family, Barney Miller, Hogan's Heroes, Leave it to Beaver, King of Queens. But I think the best one of them all is M*A*S*H. It's just written better than the rest, and it still holds up today. Curb Your Enthusiasm is still going strong though.

What's your favorite?

2. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Seinfeld and Curb, everything else sucks in comparison.

Razr likes this.
  3. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Soap.

Razr and tzrider like this.
  4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The first seasons of Modern Family were brilliant.

evakat, GixxerJohn011 and Razr like this.
  5. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

Taxi has a place in my memory forever.

It had a special interest to me as I had never been to a city that had taxi service and I had never seen a taxi cab. I was in my last year of high school when it aired and I was going off to college and to me it gave me the first look at city life.

Yes, I grew up in a town of 300 people and my family on both sides were farmers and had no need, and would not go to what they considered the "city" which had a population of around 25,000

6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Threes Company……….or “The WERA beebs of our Lives”

Last edited: Jul 1, 2023
    KneeDragger_c69, StaccatoFan and Razr like this.
  7. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

My gf is from scotland and got me on this old sitcom called "Still Game". It's pretty funny. Check it out on netflix.

Razr likes this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yup. Uh-huh.

Had nothing to do with Marilu Henner, did it? ;)

StaccatoFan, Razr and thunderalley3 like this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

My mother approves of this post.

10. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

The office

Spooner and evakat like this.
  11. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Only Fools and Horses.

ChemGuy and PMooney Jr. like this.
  12. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Seinfeld, the office. > everything else.

13. Daniel06

Daniel06 Well-Known Member

Seinfeld in my mind is the greatest. It was on as I was growing up. Many people my age (41) loved friends. Friends never did it for me. Cheers was great. I went back and watched most of it. Remember hearing the theme song of cheers as a kid laying in my bed as my mom watched it.
    Frasier was really good.

Seinfeld managed, with comedy, to touch everyday issues of the times right up to the line without going over the edge. It showed most points of view.
    When I put my younger friends on to it even they love it.

Robin172 and R1Racer99 like this.
  14. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

I think each reply requires your age and where you grew up at. I'm 45 and lived in England till I was 10 then moved to the US.

Only Fools and Horses, then probably Cheers and Roseanne. Haven't really watched television in 20 years so anything like Modern Family etc slipped by me. However, with Netflix etc we've watched Curb your Enthusiasm (brilliant) and some shows like Parks and Rec. Some of these are huge time sucks! Can see how people just plop down and get addicted to these shows.

15. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Gary Unmarried was hilarious… I actually watched in all online and I don’t watch much tv

That 70s Show I really liked when it was on as it was just like growing up around stoners when I was a kid

16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Agreed as I think Seinfeld is ok but think the office is the stupidest thing ever broadcast

it’s all subjective I guess

Waterboy likes this.
  17. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Nothing better than "The Contest" episode of Seinfeld.

Razr and 27 like this.
  18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

By far the best one!

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Seinfeld had some good skits. Pretty much anything that didn’t include Jerry.

Same for Friends. How the fuck did anyone ever cast David Schwimmer?

Benson was awesome.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Friends was nice to look at usually, not much more…

that Man with a Plan show that Matt LeBlanc did wasn’t horrible… and he’s a motorcycle guy that was always wearing Moto shirts and Moto art on the walls in the show