Best Seats for SX races

Discussion in 'General' started by jb_11, Jan 11, 2010.

1. jb_11

jb_11 Well-Known Member

Looking for advice on where to view a Supercross race from (level, yard line, etc.) I was thinking about checking out the show when they hit Dallas in March. Thanks.

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

The best seats for seeing the racing? The same as always - on your couch in front of your HD TV.

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

The higher you are, the more you can see,
    The higher you are, the further away you are.
    The lower you are, the less you can see.
    The lower you are, the closer you are.

'bout halfway up is usually best. :D

4. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Yup, 'bout mid-way is best, at least at the GA dome.

5. chrison600

chrison600 Well-Known Member

We've made the Dallas stop for the past few years, as well as Houston in '08. Never bought tickets in advance for any of them. We show up, buy the cheap seats, and have a blast. I like being up high because you get a better view of the entire track. Down low you're more in the action, but you can't see what everyone's yelling about on the other side.

I'm guessing they'll be in the new stadium at Dallas this year, so the jumbo screen coverage should be great. It was adequate in the old stadium.

We might try to arrive a bit earlier this year to tour the pits, but we haven't in the past...

Let me know what you decide to do, maybe we can meet up.

6. burner42

burner42 Well-Known Member

50 yard line, row 20-35 is usually the best, which side of the stadium depends on track layout... some people like sitting near the triple, i prefer the whoops, thats where most of the passing/action is....
    Definiitely show up early and tail gate, we usually get there around 4:00, go check out the pits and have a few cheap beers in the lot before going inside and paying $100 per beer :crackup:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  7. GAMBLER

GAMBLER Neard supporter

TV for roadracing

gotta be there for SX