Best race engine builder??? Opinions needed

Discussion in 'Tech' started by EnvyCycles, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Z-man

Z-man Resident Instigator

Who else in the NJ/NY area?

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Michigan area - Jamie Hanshaw
    Indy area - Reuben...

3. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

Charlie at www.HFD1Motorsports.com

This last weekend at road Atlanta I rode over on a 733cc W650 streetbike he built for me a couple years ago [now has 20,000 miles on it] [perfect]

Max [308] podiumed in 2 races on a V1 CB350 Huff built 2 years ago that has 32 races [and practices] that has never needed the valves adjusted and does not smoke on 12,000 rpm downshifts...

Max also won clubman on a 680cc XR650R that Huff built 3 yrs [and many championships] ago:up:

4. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

:stupid::beer::clap:

5. c7fx

c7fx Well-Known Member

I would go to KWS.... I should have :(

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

and today at the Ed Bargy school he beat up on a bunch of 600's on VFR400 he built for me 2 seasons ago.

7. Nguyen

Nguyen Well-Known Member

I have rode 2 of my cousins bikes that Reuben has built and those bikes were sick. If I have my R6 built it's going to Reuben hands down. That's just my opinion 35 Motorsports in Indy.

8. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I think it is difficult to call anyone the best. What I would look for is a trustworthy, knowledgable, and experienced builder with a proven track record. Having them easily accesible via their shop or via the phone is also critical for clear and quick communication. That being said I would recommend Zoran at Twin Works Factory in a heartbeat for anything dealing with SV's and then Carry Andrew at Hypercycle for other engines (though he does SV's too)...

Both of those guys very clearly are trustworthy, knowledgable, and experienced!

9. PAzYearazzUP

PAzYearazzUP Banned

1+

Yes, is guess where I was for a few hours of BS'inn. Just as busy and as sharp as ever! :bow: