1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best on-bike vid cam?

Discussion in 'General' started by Shyster d'Oil, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

my hero2 is still working, but i need a new housing and some other stuff, so i'm in the market also.

some vendors here want to offer a group buy?

2. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

3. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

So it's that time of year and I've decided to either get a GoPro 3+ Silver $299 or the Replay Prime X $299. Both have 1080p@60fps or 720p@120fps. I have a ton of info on the GoPro, but have this one last question on the Prime X. With a USB adapter for my iPad Air, I can transfer files directly from a GoPro to the iPad and edit trackside via iMovie. Not advanced editing, but some. Can anyone answer if the Prime X will mount as a removable storage device so I can do the same as with the GoPro?

Thanks

4. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Just an FYI for future searchers. I found the answer. You have to hold the mode button down while turning it on. Then it mounts it as a mass storage device and you can access the mp4 files. I think I might give the Prime X a try over the GoPro 3+ Silver

5. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

go pro with the cyclemount

6. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...alCMZ8UojGd9nERoCxILw_wcB&Q=&is=REG&A=details

7. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Love my ReplayXD mini, but it doesn't have 120fps. I do, however, love how small it is.

8. Jay305

Jay305 Well-Known Member

My Contour has proved to be a bit frustrating at times as there is no method to verify battery life or memory capacity on the fly without pulling the card or plugging it back in. Of course I always found out after a few laps it dies or over capacity.

I decided to keep an eye out over the Holiday sales and picked up a GopPro 3+ for $50 off and so far I prefer the interface and mount options much more.