1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best little hand glove

Discussion in 'General' started by sanfret, Jun 2, 2010.

1. sanfret

sanfret Almost as fast as my kid

Any opinions on the best race glove available for little hands. Currently a womens XS is about right.

The Astars fit, but not overly impressed with the protection seen to date in crashes.

2. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I have had great luck w/ the Astars GP plus. One crash at 70, one at 125, gloves took a hit both times but are still usable.

I also have the Astars GP Pro which don't fit as well...way too bulky and stiff.

3. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

Have you looked at Held? They have sizes down to 6. Not sure how that correlates to a women's XS, but they have a measurement chart. I take a 7 1/2 to 8 in Helds, I can wear a mens small, probably a women's large.

4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I got my wife a set of Held Akira's in Size 7 -- awesome gloves.

5. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

Could try Kushitani. Sizes generally run small.

6. sanfret

We have a set of the new 'kid' RS Taichi coming, going to try those out. The AStar GP Stellas don't really protect well with thin hands. Sent Held a hand trace, see what they say, would love a set of Akiras.

Off to Kushitani land to see if they have anything.

7. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

I just noticed on sportbiketrackgear.com that Held makes a kids racing glove. That also may be worth checking out.

8. bimmer4me

bimmer4me Well-Known Member

check out the dainese gloves...protection is pretty good but by far the best fitment i've found to date. Spidi gloves are also narrow fingered but the fingers are cut for euro hands. Alpinestars size small stuff fits just ok. Held gloves are awesome because some gloves have half sizes.

9. sanfret

The winner is... the Held Phantom... a real race glove with top materials made for a little person sized hand. Peter wore their size 6.