Ben Spies to choose....

Discussion in 'General' started by tzrider, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Try to refrain from agreeing with me.

My financial backers don't like you.

2. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

I thought what Maladin said was pretty damn funny, would you expect any less from him? I would think that Ben probably laughed when he saw it an thought what a Fin Dick.

3. Your parents don't even know me.:D

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

5. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

LOL "Mat would have gotten his ass kicked at the world level and was scared"

HAHAHH

In his early 30's the guy was making north of 5,000,000 per year here as compared to an optimistic 500,000 in WSBK. How many other fellas would take a 90% pay cut to move to another job to 'prove you can do it' while in your early mid 30's.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

90%

7. caferace

caferace No.

He was calculating in pennies.

And still wrong. :D

-jim

8. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

Was doing math off top of head (100%) and hit and extra 0 ;)

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Thanks for the clarification. By those calculations he would have paid $45,000,000 per year to ride. If that were the case he would have been a total moron not to jump to the world stage and ride for free.:D

10. caferace

caferace No.

You're still wrong. :D

-jim

11. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Being a club racer who never finished better than 2nd in a sprint, I have no right to voice an opinion on the career of Ben Spies. What I can say is that I will miss watching him race, I will miss having another American in the paddock, and I will miss the access that being a friend of a friend of Spies has given me at GP's.

12. Robby-Bobby

Moved out at 17. Haven't been back since.

How bout you?

13. Same here, actually. Stopped working for my dad around that time too.:D

14. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Which gives him no room to call other riders pussies for actually growing a sack and racing the best in the world as opposed to sitting around collecting a pay check.

15. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

he did. he raced a cagiva in motogp and they destroyed his leg in a glider crash. you know...pussy stuff.

Lets see,race (back then) in the biggest domestic series around and make millions or fly all over the world for way less.

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

That many?

17. jwb

jwb but... I AM NAPOLEAN!!!!

he was racing the best in the street bike rider in the world in the AMA... Ben proved it the very next season...

18. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

One whole season? Wow what a tough sonofabitch he must be :rolleyes:

Too bad he couldn't man up and race the best after he won how many domestic titles? What a pussy.

19. Robby-Bobby

Must suck to work for your parents.

I enjoy working WITH mine...

It's like family bonding time, OCC, and learning from those you love all in one!

Sorry you don't have a good relationship with your parents.

20. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Would you say it was easy or difficult to beat Spies on a Superbike in 08 on equal equipment?

Because when Spies went to WSBK, I'd reckon a lot of those fellas thought he was pretty damn hard to beat.