1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beeb Bucks or Panther Award?

Discussion in 'General' started by sheepofblue, Nov 28, 2022.

?

Do you like the idea and maybe donate?

Poll closed Dec 19, 2022.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So the new riders post was getting feedback for an idea. How about a beeb sponsorship. Thinking we could do a GoFund me or similar fund (open to suggestions) that would then be used to fund the 'sponsorship' with the only cost to WERA being administering the award.

I like a random award to anyone outside the podium (again open to how to set the bar). Thinking call it 'Beeb Bucks' or in honor of Panther the 'Panther Award'. The goal would be to get enough donations to fund one award at each event excluding GNF and Cycle Jam. Second goal would be to get something going for next season. What say you deviants?

No obligation but yes/no in the poll and suggestions on implementation.

RossK6 likes this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yes I will donate. A few years after Tyler stopped racing I went to a WERA west event and bought a set of tires and then we randomly drew who would win them. I didn't want it to go to a podium finisher, since they often have some good stuff lined up.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'd give someting in memory of PC.

4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

:stupid:

Banditracer likes this.
  5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I've got about $500 worth of WERA certs I would donate.

ClemsonsR6 likes this.
  6. sheepofblue

A quick count of 2022 is about 20 events.

$100 per is 2K for one award. I think we could raise that. Dsapsis THANKS, for now I would not count that but for sure tossing them in a kitty for prizes after the rest would still be awesome.

So here is the thing. Even if I administered it and Mongo distributed it I don't want this about me but a beeb people effort. So that said any opinions on parts or dollars? If so what would be a good enough minimum $$? The reason I ask is for example if we raised 4K would 2 $100 be better than a $200 in encouraging people? Tires would be cool but to be honest it would be more expensive and complicated as this is not about promoting a brand but rather encouraging racers to come back for more.

Opinions?

7. sheepofblue

In other words suggestions on prizes?

8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Fee waiver on the next entry(ies)? You’re trying to get them to come back, right?

Or, may not be necessary to decide on one prize. Get it down to small herd that are directly relevant to racing.

sheepofblue likes this.
  9. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I’d rather pay a yearly fee for beeb membership and have that go toward payouts. pretty sure most of the people on here Have been here for a long time and aren’t going anywhere. We can all cough the fuck up.

It would be really cool to have WERA west going again

10. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Different subject with much broader scope and implications. I would vote yes, but recommend stay within scope for now.

11. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I'm down if you name it after Panther.

sheepofblue and Banditracer like this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

F dat! Entitled mofos have enough expectations as it is for something they are not paying for.

13. sheepofblue

This is TOTALLY voluntary. Think of it as a tire company sponsorship, instead it is users of the beeb, ex racers etc. In the end WERA will hopefully benefit but this is US not WERA :flag: Those that cannot kick in no hard feelings. One reason I am thinking the donations would be hidden. Of course I would be open to not doing it so it is optional. I know we have a huge variety of people here. Some are well off, some not. Some struggling others living the good life. Kids, jobs etc. My thought is those that want can kick in, those that can't or won't it is all fine. Oh and some would kick in more than a beeb fee because they want.

Oh and I did not count WERA west in the events. The true count would be after the schedule comes out for 2023.

Thinking if I get 20 positive votes it is a go. Further should the amount raised be to low to fund all events I would come back for a community vote on changes. I want it to be about US not me.

14. sheepofblue

Bump. Only nine cared enough to vote so not looking possible as a group project. Oh well unlike the whiners in More Riders? I was trying do something other than complain.

Thanks to those that voted positive but if 9-10 people kicked in enough to cover 20 races I think it would be unfair to them labeling as the community. One thing if some kicked in a larger amount but a lot kicked in something.

Back to plotting things (it is what sheep do)......thinking on Sheltie puppies.....

Banditracer likes this.
  15. :stupid:

I’m in.

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Good on you for making the effort, don’t give up yet.

I actually don’t mind if it’s only 10 of us. I’m willing to split that, or I’m willing to put in what a set of tires would be, those used to be about $400, I don’t know what they are now?

17. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I didn't vote before, but gave my support. I just voted so now you have 10.

18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yeah think you might be bailing a little early @sheepofblue. It’s been 3 days. Regardless, I’m happy with just us and don’t care who gets the credit.

If GG leaves any for the rest of us, that is, ha! He must be giddy with anticipation for the delivery of his vehicle. Strike now, while the iron is hot! :D

19. sheepofblue

Could be right I am in a mood after losing Angus the Sheltie....so now the house only has me and the other grump Spitfire. The two the sit on the porch telling people get off my lawn and flipping them off....

20. sheepofblue

Thought about the title and having it pinned but ......