1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bazzaz Fuel controller install question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by lopitt85, Oct 18, 2021.

1. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I have a 2008 GSXR 600, stock motor, stock headers, cat delete and M4 shorty slip on. It also has the Annatori quickshifter installed. It's the ignition kill type that installs between the wiring harness and the fuel injector.

I bought a Bazzaz system second hand at a great price and want to finally get the bike tuned. Where should this be installed in the chain, before or after the quickshifter? I'd like to install it then take the bike in to be tuned.

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Explanation needed: If it's ignition kill type, why would it go between the harness and the injector? It would go between harness and coils.

3. lopitt85

Well... I guess that's what happens when I type too fast for my brain :crackup:, and I post without thinking through my question

I typed ignition type, but was thinking injector. So... if injector type quick shifter, and injector connections for my Bazzaz. But seems I found the answer in my instruction for the QS.

Dont know how I missed it before. It says "If there is more than one accessory attached to the coils, the QS
    PRO connector must be closest to the coils." It also says the instructions are the same if installing an injector type QS harness. So if I do have the injector type harness then I just make sure the QS is closest to the injector.

But... now that I'm thinking about it, I'm pretty sure I have the coil type which would make this whole thing moot. I haven't thought about the connection type for my QS since I installed it. I'll have to check after work today.

4. lopitt85

Well, just checked the Annatori site and the only version offered for my bike is the coil type. And I remember wanting a coil type over the ignition type.

So my question should've never been asked.

Yep...I'm a putz! :crackup::rtfrb: