Barber Vintage Festival 2014 on Soup

Discussion in 'General' started by drebv4, Oct 14, 2014.

1. drebv4

drebv4 Well-Known Member

2. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I'm in for sure on that weekend next year. No ifs ands or buts

3. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

It is a great event, notwithstanding some of the AHRMA organizational, umm, "unique" aspects. Drebber was a great addition announcing. I speak for a living and even I find his ability to speak nonstop without seemingly breathing amazing. :D

Regardless of whether your a vintage bike person, if you're a bike person, you need to attend. I guarantee you'll find something to like and entertain.

Cheers,

Dave

4. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I'm struggling to see what's "vintage" in most of those bikes. I thought they had to be > 25 years old...no?

5. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

AHRMA has modern classes for twins and triples.

Battle of the Twins is ultimately what used to be AMA Battle of the Twins in the 80's and then AMA Pro Thunder in the 90's.

In that first pic, #271 looks like his helmet is 3 sizes too big! His entire face is sticking out!

6. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Props to Bob Robbins racing a Paul Smart. That man's got great taste.

7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure MotoCorse just built him two bikes for AHRMA next year.

8. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

A group of us from South Florida are planning on doing a majority of the season with AHRMA next year. World class tracks, and a good environment to race in. Very friendly. We all race twins anyway, and the grids are bigger than one would expect.

I have always heard they are difficult to deal with, but this year I called in order to do the races at Daytona and it was pretty easy, they were very helpful and friendly. Their website isn't the greatest, but I think they are making big strides as the organization grows in popularity.

9. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

My fifth year there. I had a blast hanging out with my sidecar peeps and the USCRA!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Ol' Dean has got to hammer DMG every chance he gets doesn't he? They're dead and gone and he's still at it.

11. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

12. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

AHRMA is a bucket list series for me. The damn bikes are hard as hell to find.

13. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

This was my 2nd year to attend and love it all. Lots of cool old stuff in the swap meet.

The Wall of Death was friggin awesome!

Watched a lot of entertaining races.

The new EBR bike was a rocket with Cory West (I think) riding it.

14. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I need to run this next year

15. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Its a great event.....I've been to every one (10 yrs).

Haven't raced the last couple tho.....that will change next year.

The last time I raced there were 72 bikes in class....it was a blast.

Dreb does a GREAT job, bravo to you sir!

16. VTRDarren

VTRDarren Well-Known Member

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

18. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

The AHRMA event at Road America this year was in conjunction with the Rockerbox festival which is a big swap meet. Probably not as well attended as the Barber event but there's definitely a crowd and the grids are big.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, all of it shows that making the races part of a full on event it what it takes to get fans out there.

20. Yoyo

Yoyo Well-Known Member