1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barber Ride Share?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by WERA854, May 1, 2011.

1. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

Anybody going to Barber from the North and/or East who wants to split costs?

2. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Good luck Eric, hope things work out.....I'm about 90%.

Also there may be a little V1 surprise for ya. :D

3. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

90% my ass. that bike's going around the track if i have to push you. :rolleyes:

4. CharlieY

HA!....I just got off the phone with Dougie.....I'm hauling my bike over there wed nite to fix this drum brake once and for all!

Also working on this carb issue from GNF, just garbage. I used Deans Carbs at Barber oct....got mine taken apart and soaked, didnt notice anything different that Deans......we shall see.

5. drgonzo

drgonzo Well-Known Member

If that works out, want to try and make a sprint brake work? That was the hardest part about learning to race the yamaha. It stops.

6. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I'm in Cinci and would ride share but I doubt I'm on the way.

7. WERA854

Thanks, but it's about the same distance from Cinci to Roanoke as it is to Barber. I suppose we could meet in Knoxville, but I don't feel like unloading & loading 2 more times.

Unless something turns up by Friday morning I'll have to pass this time.

8. CharlieY

Come on Eric....its barber, man!.....I'll make ya a sammich for lunch on sat.

Cant ya get 106 Steven?.....how bout some of those guys north of you? A chance to go to barber for the first time, and only pay half the travel!!!....what a deal!....Its amazing! ...I'm Billy Mays and....

Ehhh....I hope you make it.

9. CharlieY

Yeah, we'll see how it goes. I could see you having brakes as directly beneficial, har har. :) I talked to Roy last nite and may try some of the water based compound.

Have you gotten that tree out of your livingroom yet?

Sorry for the threadjack Eric.....It wont be a boloney sammich Eric...probably turkey or ham.....I dont do the cheese at the track, cuz my coach Duc150 says it makes you sluggish.:eek:

10. WERA854

Jack away, man...it wasn't much of a thread anyway. :D

So your coach likes his fatty preserved luncheon meats like his bikes, made in the authentic Bologna style?

I will keep trying...the WX looks perfect no tornados, rain, snow, sleet, just warm and sunny.

11. CharlieY

OK....2 SAMMICHS, on wheat for cryin out loud! :rolleyes:

Funny, yeah...Bolonga, and Hotdogs.

Hope you make it sir.

I'm at 92%...got my cracked bellypan fixed yesterday.

12. james walker

92%? WTF?

show us your lady parts, Sally.

13. WERA854

You'd think I could get Steve Barber to go to George Barber's track, but no, he refuses to blow off a field trip with his class for that weekend...some excuse about it being his 'job'. :rolleyes:

I'll never understand some people...e.g. after all these years, my wife still squanders race money on food, shelter and clothing. :confused:

14. WERA854

Aren't you glad you saved those scraps of carbon fiber now? :D

15. james walker

:D

16. CharlieY

Yeah, women enjoy the strangest things.

His job you say?....thats a pretty lame excuse for not making a race, at a track that was named after him.:Poke: ...hope he is well anyhow.

I did figure a way to adhere carbon to aluminum, but I painted it.:up: Ha...just got the crack welded up here at the airplane factory...perks that come in handy!:beer:....thanx Dennis!:up:

Hopefully see you boys there.

Signed

Sally.

17. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

Eric don't talk about the weather, you'll jinx us! Hope to see you and Sally there. I'm rolling down Saturday morning. Is Roy Chapman coming? Wondering if it's just going to be me, him, and Upchurch in V3/4.

18. CharlieY

I talked to roy last nite....and he is in.

Glad to hear Upchurch is in.

19. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I'm rolling down Fri around noon from Cincinnati. If anyone wants to ride down, let me know. I have a 3/4 ton van that will hold all of my stuff and a 4x6 enclosed trailer for what may be needed to haul anothers.

20. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Upchurch is out, got a kid thing.

I'm out too, got an insurance thing.