1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bank of America & Illegal Immigrant Credit Cards

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Jugglenutz, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

Bank of America is test marketing a new credit card program in LA. The unique aspect of it, they don't require a social security number. It looks as if the program was designed to cater to illegal aliens.

What are your feelings on this...harmless profiteering or selling out your country?

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Is what BOA doing illegal?

3. tcasby

tcasby Banned

They are trying to capture the fast growing Hispanic market which still has a large non-bank using population.

When english becomes America's second language they will be sitting pretty.

4. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Is there any such thing as "harmless profiteering?"

5. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Just out of curiousity.........how many illegal aliens are going to get a credit card and create a paper trail to find them?

6. Jugglenutz

You may have a point casby....they're getting a head start on the market should the US gov't grant the illegals amnesty or a "guest worker program"...seem to be pretty close to the same thing if you ask bush.

7. Jugglenutz

I don't know, do you speak spanish?:confused:

8. Strick

Strick Good to be king

huh??

9. Jugglenutz

IOW...go ask the illegals:Poke:

10. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Well when you asked them about the program catering to them you could have asked them that.

11. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

No SSN? How do you check a credit report? If it's designed for illegals what makes you think they'll actually pay the money back? Sounds like a bad business decision on the part of BOA

12. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

From what I understand of the BOA deal:

1. Have to have a checking account and go three months with overdrawing.
    2. For a card with a $500 limit, they have to have a security deposit of $100. The security deposit will be refunded after three months of paying on time; the card is very high-interest.
    3. BOA is doing this to help people establish credit.

Do I like this? No.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Jeff, please start making sense in at least one thread today. So far you haven't been close.

14. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

If that's the case, I have about 50 aliases that could really use a credit card.

15. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Every checking account I've ever gotten I needed a SSN.

16. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

The money people who don't use banks have hidden in sock drawers and under mattresses isn't helping your economy. The bank will loan it out and make money which creates jobs.

17. Strick

Strick Good to be king

How does someone that is here on a work permit or visa etc... obtain CC, loans, bank accounts ect..? They obviously don't have a SSN.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think they use an ID number from the Visa, not sure tho.

19. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

A good bit of illegals are using stolen SSN's anyway and actually paying taxes. What's going to stop them from getting a regular credit card with that SSN?

20. Jugglenutz

"Lord I was born a ramblin mannnnnn"

Should I have asked him if he spoke Jeff instead of Spanish?