1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Axljak dog-bones

Discussion in 'Tech' started by dwheeler, Aug 18, 2003.

1. dwheeler

dwheeler Well-Known Member

I got a used bike that has a stock shock with the axljak dog bones on it. Just picked up a used ohlins shock. Question: what will these axljak parts do to the setup, anthing gonna be different using a ohlins shock with them? What kind of ride hight (mm) should i be looking for?

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Unless you have stock dogbones to use intead of those, just adjust the Ohlins to the same eye to eye length as the stock shock (if possible). I think they offer more that one length of dogbone, so I have no idea how much ride height yours have added. When you get to the track seek out somebody fast and ask if you can measure their actual ride height to compare.

3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

If you can, try to find the OEM dogbones, you'll be happy in the end. Usually, dogbones are for lowering, which isnt really a good thing when it comes to racing around here.

4. dwheeler

Ok, anyone want to part with a stock set of dog bones for a SV

5. branthopolis

branthopolis -------------------------

Axljaks dogbones are definitely for raising the rear end. How much is the question... I'll bet if you called or emailed Jack at www.axljak.com he'd be more than happy to tell ya..

6. WERA552

WERA552 Master Brake Oil Spiller!

Straight from the Jak A...ksel's mouth!

I went ahead and asked Jack...

AxlJak wrote:
    All he has to do is set the shock length to the same as stock. This will give a higher ride height than stock and will be a decent start point to find his ideal set up. From there just raise or lower the ride height by adjusting the shock. There really is no difference.

7. dwheeler

i was just a wondering if they would chage the angles and make the spring rate different

8. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Ahh.. Cool. I should've done more research... :eek: all the dog bones I've seen always lower the bike.

9. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

check and make sure your Ohlins has ride hieght adjustment
    some don't some do