1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AV gas around Atlanta.

Discussion in 'General' started by Brian129, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

I know a bunch of people here have discussed the merits of using AV has 100LL

I have a racecar I actually need 100 + octane leaded fuel for and would like to use AV gas as it's what it has run on, and is a much more cost effective option to VP in small cans.

I tried Gwinnett Briscoe field, and even with a picture and explanation of it definitely not being used on the street will not sell any fuel not into a plane.

Anyone know of a airport around here, or other source for this stuff?

2. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

You can do what my buddy did: explain the situation to an aircraft owner then pay them to defuel the plane into your fuel jug. May not have been the easiest or quickest solution, but it worked at the time.

3. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

4. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

Has that actually worked at PDK?
    Or I'd that just a good idea to try with the self serve?

5. LordMDP

LordMDP ... ... ... ....

is sunoco 110 leaded? I know they sell it at a gas station in dawsonville

6. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Years ago I used to drive up and buy it at the Kennesaw airport. Filled a 5 gal can and thru it in the back seat of a highly modded(12.5/1 compression) 68 Z28. Otherwise I rode around basically low of fuel. When we found a good street race, I'd fuel up with it just before lining up.

7. I think they sell 100 + at Road Atlanta.

8. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Just show up with your cans. If they ask, tell them its for your plane based at a private airport with no fuel available. They never have asked me at any airport I where I have filled cans - I just got fuel in NC last week and pulled my bike right on the ramp with my can bungeed to the back and even filled the bike tank right in front of the guy. Self-serve pumps are great because they are 24 hours - just make up an N-number - something with four or five numerical digits beginning in an N and ending with a letter.

9. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Doesn't have to end with a letter, 5 digits long is the norm.

10. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

True but more often than not.

11. vince224

vince224 Well-Known Member

trick: find fields w/o a tower. generally open and can drive right up to self serve pump and have at it.

hth,
    vince
    :D

12. vince224

vince224 Well-Known Member

good one.
    my ruse: "its for my ultralight".

most plane guys are motorheads too, which helps.

vince
    :D